Author Topic: Isi´s easy Portuguese Rolls  (Read 201644 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: Isi´s easy Portuguese Rolls
« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2010, 11:28:54 am »
I made these too today (rolls) first time as rolls, have usually made into a loaf and not for quite a long time.  Absolutely loved them.  They are so nice when completely cold and I really like the hint of honey. Thanks for bumping this thread up again, reminded me to try as rolls.  :)

Offline Jabba

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2010, 03:05:51 pm »
I've been making the most delicious loaves of bread with this recipe (baking it for 30 min then 5 minute direct on the rack to finish the base - as suggested earlier in this thread).

I've been experimenting a bit with the wholemeal content too.  I've gotten to 350 g of wholemeal flour (plus 150 g plain white) and it still tastes great.  Today's loaf I made with 300 g wholemeal flour and 50 g oats (plus 150 g plain white) - both soaked overnight in the water + lemon juice - and it tasted fantastic too.

Offline isi

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2010, 01:20:57 am »
Thank you all!!!

Its so great to see how such a simple recipe makes so many people Happy :) :) :) :)
Kind Regards to everyone
isi

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2010, 12:42:01 pm »
I've been experimenting a bit with the wholemeal content too.  I've gotten to 350 g of wholemeal flour (plus 150 g plain white) and it still tastes great.  Today's loaf I made with 300 g wholemeal flour and 50 g oats (plus 150 g plain white) - both soaked overnight in the water + lemon juice - and it tasted fantastic too.

That sounds great Jabba.  Do you mill the flour in the TMX?  :)

Offline Jabba

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 30, 2010, 09:42:45 pm »
That sounds great Jabba.  Do you mill the flour in the TMX?  :)

Yes, Chelsea - I mill it the night before and let it soak in the water (plus lemon juice) overnight.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2010, 04:28:52 am »
I have these in the oven right now, I so love the smell of bread cooking mmmmm.  We make these regularly now and I usually do a double batch and freeze some for lunches.  Today I did the double batch in one hit, and it handled it all fine. Just couldn't leave it in  the bowl for the first rise. I'm off to get my rolls out of the oven and have lunch !! Yummoooooo.
Thanks Isi.

Offline isi

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2010, 11:41:37 pm »
Your welcome
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2010, 03:11:16 pm »
I just made these for dinner tonight, and oh my gosh, they were so yummy!!!! The kids loved them, DH loved them, and even the baby didn't throw all of it over theedge of the highchair! The kids are happy that they can have one for their lunches at school tomorrow. So easy that they will definitely become a regular in our house. Thank you  :)

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2010, 03:14:42 pm »
they are great aren't they!! Also makes a fabulous loaf in whatever shape you like. Isi is a wizz with the bread recipes  ;D ;D
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2010, 04:15:44 am »
I've been using this recipe for making my bread for a while now.  I adapt it to make raisin bread, multi grain or wholemeal.

I've always hated having to clean the dough from around the TM blades and sometimes have used my Kenwood instead.  As I was making a few loaves last week I made some in the TM at the same time as another in the Kenwood.

The bread made in the TM was a lot softer than made in the Kenwood with the dough hook.  So now I'm happy to clean the blades.  ;D

I need to get a brush that makes them easier to clean.  Does TM sell one?

Offline whisks

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2010, 05:23:32 am »
hi pep!!! *waves*

the tm is definitely the way to go for making bread - it does such a good job of developing the gluten.

the way i get the blades clean is after i get as much dough out of the bowl, then spin the blades on speed 10 for a split second to fling off the dough. i then let it clean itself with wate and that seems to take care of everything. for anything else left behind, i use my tm green brush -  i just put the brush in and go around the bowl a couple of times and that seems to get out anything left (usually nothing). just remember to fill your bowl with water after making dough so it doesn't set like concrete.

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2010, 06:13:42 am »
Thanks Whisks, I'll give that a try tomorrow.  I need to get one of those green brushes though.  I never got one with my machine.

Today I made a white loaf in the TM and added some chia seeds.  also made a raisin bread (also adapting Isi's recipe) and made a corn and barley loaf (this was a bread mix) 

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2010, 07:53:01 am »
I have just pulled this one out of the oven. Wow, thank you Isi for a beautiful recipe!

Yes it handled the double quantity very well, only with this much, next time I would let it rest outside of the TM bowl in a floured bowl as it was very sticky to get out and had risen all over the sides of the TM bowl.

also, I forgot to do the oil/water baste but still it looks and smells divine.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 25, 2010, 08:58:46 am »
just remember to fill your bowl with water after making dough so it doesn't set like concrete.

i read on here not so long ago when cleaning the bowl with the TM brush to usecold water first otherwise it sets the dough on the brush as well.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 25, 2010, 09:34:24 am »
Hi Whisks,

I did exactly what you said regarding cleaning the TM after making dough and it worked I treat.  I couldn't believe how easy it was.  I still need to get one of those green brushes but at least it isn't hard to clean after making dough now.