Author Topic: Freezing Muffin  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
Freezing Muffin
« on: January 18, 2012, 11:47:58 pm »
Lots of interesting little tips on Vegan with A Vengeance book by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.  I tried her tips - to make sure you always have fresh muffins, freeze half a batch.  Pour the batter into paper cupake liners, then put them in the freezer.  Once frozen, store in tightly sealed plastic containers and bake one in a muffin tin, adding an extra 8-10 minutes, whenever you want a muffin, no need to thaw.

I experiment with my yughurt banana muffin and it works!

Below is photo before and after baking.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:49:51 pm by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: Freezing Muffin
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:22:38 am »
Wow that is fantastic! I always have biscuit dough on the freezer ready to go but muffin mix in patty pans that is gold.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
Re: Freezing Muffin
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 12:27:48 am »
Before reading this book I baked muffin then freeze the leftover, my opinion this approach is better, taste fresher.  See how you go with yours, Meagan.
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.