Author Topic: hyperventilating  (Read 3705 times)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
hyperventilating
« on: December 15, 2010, 11:50:28 am »
I can't believe it my TH arrived today and I am scared of it. Its not like me I can cook for 200 people I owed a restaurant for 10 years and today I was hyperventilating! I hope tomorrow I will get over it  :-X
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hyperventilating
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 12:06:21 pm »
Well I wasn't that bad fundj but I was scared of mine too and I spent days just reading the books and manual before attempting my first dish on my own - potato cakes, a complete disaster because they were nothing like I expected and the powerful machine mushed them to bits! Fills you full of confidence so you take another step back and when you are game, have another go.  This time I did mashed potatoes and yes, it worked although I now do my potato differently because now I am in control and the machine is not.  Pour yourself a glass of wine, pick a nice easy recipe and go for it  ;) ;)  Your next posting I'm sure we will read all about your success in making something.  Perhaps choose something from the forum for your first attempt, something simple with just a few ingredients.  Good luck.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 01:57:56 pm »
Oh my, I can't believe the restraint of you people!  ;D  I could barely get the packaging off before I was having a go - read the manual?  No way, not until I hit a problem!

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your new machine  :D

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 09:35:49 pm »
Unfortunately I was recovering from gastro when my TM was delivered. Obviously I was excited about the new member of the family but due to my total lack of appetite I didnt feel like examining the contents of the fridge let alone cook anything! I had to wait until the following day and haven't stopped cooking at least 1-3 recipes a day since!! Besides, don't worry about stuff-ups. We all have them- even if you had a new expensive cooktop, it still doesn't necessarily mean you cook everything perfectly, so don't stress about the TM. If anything, cooking gets easier.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 10:26:16 pm »
LOL, don't be scared, just choose a recipe and go for it. Once you've made a couple of things you'll feel fine with it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 01:22:04 am »
My 'consultant' ripped the packaging off mine and then proceeded to use it so I didn't even get first go. He then walked out telling me you can make the coffee. Needless to say I made ordinary coffee. That night I had a look at the EDC and was scared stiff the next morning when I made the vegie stock. How would I ever remember that you had to have time, temperature and speed? I survived and am having great fun stocking the freezer for Christmas at the moment.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 08:29:49 am »
I totally understand "scared" - I borrowed my girl friend's TMX before I bought mine and I was sure scared of it then. What if I broke it? I got over it though and cooked up a storm in 4 days. When mine arrived one of the first things I made was strawberry sorbet. I was too excited to read the recipe clearly and used frozen strawberries instead of fresh, and I nearly cried when the motor make terrible noises and wouldn't do anything, I was sure I had broken it. I had flashbacks of my consultant telling me that if the motor was under stress, the blades would shear off to protect the motor... I removed some of the ice and the frozen strawberries and did it in small bits and it was fine. Delicious too!

Start small and simple and have fun!
Kerryn
Kerryn