Author Topic: GF Flour request  (Read 11888 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: GF Flour request
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 12:57:03 am »
if you use a lot of the corn mountain bread (as my family do - and I haven't worked out how to make them yet!!) or any of the mountain bread range,  you can order them direct from www.mountainbread.com.au for $2.50 a packet and free postage. There is a minimum order of 8 packets but they also freeze really well. It is a huge saving if you use them a lot  ;)
Thanks Kathryn. I've just ordered as we get through a fair bit as well. Their recipe book also has some nice ideas.

I sometimes use mountain bread for making lasagna. Easy as and you can cut it to the shape of the dish. I like making a round one to cut like a pie just for fun!

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 01:27:53 am »
What is the supermarket price Kathryn?

JD they are around the $4.00 mark depending where you buy them - so a big saving if you go through a lot of them. Especially as they don't charge you postage. I generally order 15-20 packets each order  :-)) :-)) :-))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Kristy-Anne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 05:40:39 am »
My nearly 4 yo son was diagnosed at the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne, the new one.

He is under a pediatrician and it was highly suggested that he be tested. I know that it is not very nice, but it may be best to get tested.

We have joined the Coeliac Australia organisation and I have found that there is a lot of information available. If you join you will get a card that can be used at any Coles supermarket as far as I am aware and it depends on which state what other outlets will give you discounts.

To join the organisation you will need to contact them for an application form and get it signed by a doctor/professional. We also got a goodie box with $25 worth of products for free. I hope this helps someone.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 09:06:12 am »
I've converted the GF flour recipe in the Thermomix GF Recipe Book. I've used it successfully for two cakes so far, but haven't tried anything else.

Megan's Gluten Free Flour
250g rice flour, made with 50/50 brown and basmati rice
190g Maize Flour (pure cornflour or cornstarch)
125g Tapioca Flour or Arrowroot (interchangeable in Australia)
125g Sorghum Flour
60g Potato Flour
1 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum

Grin rice on speed 9 for 1 minute. Allow to rest for a few minutes and grind again for a minute. Repeat until rice is a nice fine flour. If bowl start to heat up, remove from base and allow to cool.
Add remaining flours and gum and blend 20 seconds on speed 6.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand