Author Topic: Gluten Free Bread - Cyndi O'Meara  (Read 70610 times)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Gluten Free Bread - Cyndi O'Meara
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 09:23:50 am »
I'm just making this now. I halved the recipe as I only have a small tin and also added chia seeds  :) The lovely Meagan has put me onto a very cheap distributor online so I can't wait to keep trying it all out  ;D Thanks love  :-*

Hey Meagan can you share the link for the chia seeds?  pretty please :-* :-* :-* I use so many of them!

Kathryn it was 2 brothers foods. But not for chia just for millet etc. sorry :(

That's ok  :) I use them all the time - have just gone wheat free for myself and may have to go further with GF so millet is on the in, in a big way anyway  ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Nighteyes_fitz

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2012, 03:18:52 am »
Whoops sorry. Reading that back it isn't very clear! It is for everything  :) Making this bread quite a lot. I have been making it for everyone I know who is GF. That is a lot of bread!

Offline Nighteyes_fitz

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 01:12:43 am »
Has anyone made this recipe into Rolls? I was going to try to make it. I saw another post about GF rolls but she said it was a bit crumbly. Not sure how this one would go. Any ideas?

Offline mkr

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 07:43:08 am »
You could pour the mixture into muffin tins to make something of a similar size to a roll. The mixture is like cake batter, so can't be shaped like a regular bread dough.

Offline Kristy-Anne

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2012, 12:05:31 am »
I am fairly new to the forum too.

This is the only bread we use now. My nearly 4 yo son is gluten free. Is there a way to do this recipe without the egg? I know Jo from Quirky Cooking uses it without the eggs sometimes. Would the Chia eggs work? I haven't tried that yet.

I am finding with gluten free cooking that you replace the gluten in recipes and introduce eggs. We don't generally use eggs.

We have just started using Chia, too. I love it and use it with the sunflower and sesame seeds in the seed mixture. I also sprinkle a mixture of the 3 seeds on top of the bread. It is yummo  :) :)

It is nice cold or toasted but it generally gets eaten fresh from the oven with Jo's (Quirky Cooking) Strawberry Jam, a winner in our home. The jam is also posted on the forum somewhere  :)

Offline Kristy-Anne

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2012, 12:08:45 am »
I have used potato starch, and it seems to work - not sure if it's got preservatives though...

I use a variation of this recipe to make my gf pizza dough - yummy and crispy!  :)

I went to our local health food store and was looking at the potato flour/starch and it has preservative 222 in it which we looked up in the store and it is a  :( :(. I just ended up buying the tapioca flour instead of the arrowroot because there was more in it. I would love to get it in bulk.

Offline Kristy-Anne

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2012, 12:12:38 am »
I attended a sourdough gluten free workshoop last week and most of the doughs made with buckewheat, rice flour  and sorghum flour were very batter like. I hadn't eaten buckwheat flour before and it is certainly a different taste.

Hi Cookie1, could you give us some more information on the sourdough gluten free recipes? I would love to know how to make sourdough. Thanks

Offline Kristy-Anne

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2012, 12:14:58 am »
Oh and I used all brown rice instead of half and half because I couldn't find glutinous rice any where!

Hi Nighteyes. I just use basmati rice.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2012, 09:00:27 am »
I've go this in the oven now, so fingers and toes crossed!

I haven't had any success with Cyndi's Artisan GF Bread or any others that I've tried, so I'm not holding out much hope. :-\
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 03:00:29 pm »
Superb! Excellent texture and taste. I'm going to try 'rolls' in muffin trays tomorrow. I've made this a couple of times now and it works every time.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 09:27:06 am »
We really love this recipe, Cyndi.  Thank you.  This one is topped with pumpkin seeds and black chia seeds.  Mmmm.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline HBell

• View Profile
Re: Re: Gluten Free Bread - Cyndi O'Meara
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 08:22:16 am »
I've tried this several times now with my Thermochef - first couple of times it was terrible! Lol

It was gritty, terrible texture and my daughter did not like it!

I tweaked it for the third one to accommodate for the TC, I'm about to do my fourth one now, so I'll do a write up if it works again of how I did it differently!
Happy Thermochef Owner :D

Mother to two little girls & running a dairy and wheat free household!

Offline cjdlperry

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2012, 02:58:28 am »
I made this bread today for the first time, it was yum! I got all the ingredients from Coles, (already had yeast & quinoa) rather than me spending an hour looking for all the stuff I ordered online, click & collect, too easy.   ;D

Offline medusa

• View Profile
Re: Re: Gluten Free Bread - Cyndi O'Meara
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:38 am »
Made this tonight and it turned out perfectly.

Does anyone know if I did this in a bread machine would it work. Too hot to have the oven on at the moment.
Medusa, in Oz

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2013, 09:54:24 am »
Ladies someone asked me what potato starch came as. Is it a powder? I'm not sure and I've had a crappy day. Thanks. Xxx
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/