Author Topic: Paprika, how to use it?  (Read 7162 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Paprika, how to use it?
« on: February 10, 2013, 06:03:43 am »
I have tried a number of different recipe collection apps and have the same problem with all of them.
When I copy a recipe from the forum and paste it into the app, say Paprika, it comes up with all the HTML formatting.
Should I paste into Pages or something first?
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Paprika, how to use it?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 06:23:12 am »
Sorry Meg, I was going to give you heaps of ideas but then I realised you meant the program rather than the spice ;D ;D ;D

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 07:11:39 am »
MJ.... Using the ipad.... I select the recipe i want, I go to web view, then open in safari. Then copy and paste into paprika.
I hope this makes sense :)
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

stacelee

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 08:19:10 am »
I cheat and either use paprika on my macbook and cut and paste the recipe or if I'm using my pc I put the recipe into food.com as a private recipe and then I can import it into paprika on my ipad easily through the web browser in paprika or by using the "widget" on my pc or mac.  I don't have a lot of patience with mucking around trying to type on the ipad.  Apparently there is a version of paprika in the works for pc.

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 08:54:34 am »
MJ, go into the 'browser' tab (at the bottom of the page), it will open up a web page for you.

Then go to the website you want to download the recipe from.  At the top right hand of the screen is a button, 'save recipe'.  If the website is supported by paprika, it will automatically create the recipe for you (ie taste.com.au or Martha Stewart etc). 

Unfortunately, forum thermomix is not supported (MM are you hearing this!).  So the process is more consulted but I highlight the ingredients then push the button at the bottom of the page 'ingredients', it will automatically put the ingredients in, then select the method and push 'directions' and so forth.  When you have all the relevant info then press 'create recipe' in the bottom right.

Hope this helps.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 12:21:21 pm »
I have finally finished moving my virtual life and work from a PC to a Mac. Currently working on getting all my recipes into Paprika from Word docs. The quickest way I have found so far is to copy the recipe in segments (i.e. name ingredients method etc) and then paste in Paprika in sequence via Quicksilver's clipboard plugin. Is there a better way? If so would love to hear it as I have quite a few recipes to enter ;D
TIA Gayle
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 12:47:27 pm »
I've given up on this for a while, but I need to update my favourite recipes. I would start again if I could export my current list of forum favourite recipes in a file ie. to anyone who wanted me to PM
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 07:02:25 am »
I use Evernote now. Syncs from Mac to PC, iPad and iPhone automatically. I use it for all my College file downloads and cut and paste recipes and notes.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline charlieboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 09:43:32 am »
I can't help sorry but hoping this forum will be supported in the not so distant future :)  Love paprika but this would make it even better

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 09:51:10 am »
I can't help sorry but hoping this forum will be supported in the not so distant future :)  Love paprika but this would make it even better

Ditto! That would be a marriage made in heaven!!! ;D

Offline Kristy-Anne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 04:04:24 am »
Do you have to have an Apple product to use the Evernote for recipes? I have the Evernote just not for the Recipes.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 02:26:34 pm »
No, there's Evernote for PC. I have a PC as well and it will sync with everything else. Actually, the PC version is so much better than the Mac version.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 09:05:01 pm »
I'm wondering if when you take a photo? Store the recipe from a website on paprika if it is actually linking it or saving it to your file. The reason I ask is I used to save my recipes on taste until I found out that once the copy right is us they delete them, so lost many a favourite. That's why I sort out big oven so many years ago. The only thing that annoys me with it I don't find it easy to import of recipes on anything other than my pc. I use my phone and iPad more so tend to not be saving recipes.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 09:20:03 pm »
I have paprika & evernote, I prefer paprika, but didnt like the new upgrade >:(
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 10:47:43 pm »
I use Pepper Plate. Love how it looks. Copy and paste recipes from sites and forum. It synchs between iPhone, ipad and browser.