Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 370733 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 09:42:57 am »
If it has some of the features of the HMP I can stop coveting that one.  and if it is anything like the HMP Gastro I am buying!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 12:40:24 pm »
I rarely use my Gastro. I have to make myself use it. Some of its features are wonderful, others not so good. I am sure I will be looking seriously at a new thermomix. DH always says that if ours died it would be replaced immediately.

I had to chuckle today. The local ABC was speaking with Matt Moran. She asked him how her boiled eggs. Before he replied she said "I bet you can't boil eggs in a thermomix. ". I had to text her and say "oh yes you can. "
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 12:53:42 pm »
Did you receive a reply Cookie  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 01:01:40 pm »
I will be interested to see a new model in action before deciding if an upgrade is warranted.I'm sure my SIL who covets one would be more than willing to take my TM31 off my hands :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

stacelee

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 01:15:46 pm »
I'd be in two minds...I really like a couple of features of the hotmix gastro like the cook to temperature and the blade stop so if a new thermomix had them I'd be really tempted.  The fictional machine that I've mentioned a couple of times in passing is supposedly finally on its way towards the end of the year and it has a couple of features like a built in bowl scraper that I would love to see on the thermomix.  For me, it would all depend on the pricing and features...there is more and more competition out there...a bigger bowl would also be nice...I've been told that hotmix are trying to get the larger machines out here (maybe by Fine Food Melbourne in September but probably next year)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 12:51:15 am »
I have been more than interested in the HMP but what put me off is the seeming lack of back up, distributor ability to deliver and service.

Like cookie said some good some not so good creatures. Ut if this new TMX model has added features then well.......

Yes lots of  competitors.   

I feel bad for those Bellini people. Some machines have lasted ok but there are too many on their second third and fourth machine. I don't understand why you would keep buying the same crook machine over and over  even if the replacement is free. I would much rather have a trouble free one. But having said that they are very happy that the machine does nearly what the Thermomix does and if that is what you can afford then all good .

The ThermoChef seems to last pretty well and is superior to the Bellini some say.

In any case some people may get lucky if there is a new model of Thermomix in 85 days.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 01:48:18 am »
I'm interested in how a new model would look and what it can do but I'm more than happy to keep the one I've got but as I've learnt, never say never  ;D  By the time mine wears out I might be too old to cook anyway.  Surely there are far too many TM31's out there for spare parts to ever stop being manufactured.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 02:03:09 am »
I'm a bit like Judy, I'd be happy to keep my current TM31, I love it and we've bonded!
It's a bit like our car, sure there are plenty of newer model cars with many more bells and whistles than our Corolla, but I'm happy and comfortable driving it.

Although this morning whilst cleaning bread dough from the blades I couldn't help wishing the new model somehow has blades that are easy to clean.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2014, 02:17:29 am »
Bread dough is a bugger. The only drought that actually falls out with clean blades IMO is Isi's

Judy I would expect there would be a new locking mechanism  for the lid eliminating the need for the silicone seal.

Gert

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 12:35:56 pm »
Did you receive a reply Cookie  :D

No I didn't receive a reply for my text Judy. I don't even know if she mentioned it on the radio as I had to do DH's photos.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 06:02:44 am »
ooh would I need 3 thermys on my kitchen bench
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 01:10:55 pm »
I heard from someone that a bigger Thermoserver 2.6 litre is being released some time soon, so one may think it would be because of a new model with a bigger bowl, however I thought a bigger Thermo server would be useful for the Tm31 because sometimes the 2 litre one is not quite big enough.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 01:28:16 pm »
The 2.6 Thermoserver is the latest hostess gift.

Gert

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 02:58:20 pm »
I'm wishing for a mute button. It's soooo loud when the speed goes up to 8 and beyond. Every time I grate cheese I have one hand over an ear and the other hand ready to fly up to protect my other ear 😁😁

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 12:13:22 am »
I am very interested to see one in action.

I love having 2, used all 4 bowls yesterday and both machines going.

I am wondering how consultants are going selling the current one with the rumors of a new model. You would be pretty upset if you bought one and next month the new model came out.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......