Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6136372 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7380 on: March 08, 2013, 11:19:44 pm »
Goodluck with the search Kim....It's real now & happening!   :D :D

Suzanne.... :( poor Lily.....I think it's worth mentioning what happened to the teacher, particularly for the younger years.  Maybe a note could be distributed, to remind Parents to be discreet with invites.
I know not every child can always be invited, but it's crushing when done so obviously. 

Well yesterday, DD had a " Women's Empowerment" breakfast to attend (with the other 2 school captains)....so we set off at 6.30 am  :o
10.30 am, the school calls me to pick her up.....obviously the "spinach/egg thing" she described, had lactose in it....she didn't think about it, until after she had eaten it....then came the cramps and dashes to the powder room  :-X
And
Can someone please Mother Nature it's Autumn, and us Victorians are withering with a continual roll of 30c+  heat!   >:(.  It's making me very cranky!!
Aircon will be cranked up, and I will be some very overdue paperwork, whilst chasing papers blown all over the place fro the aircon  :-))
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: March 08, 2013, 11:36:25 pm »
Oh dear maddy.. I would like some of the heat.. Can send you cooler days and drizzly rain if you prefer.. Poor dd :(

Yes all happening.. Loving the planning :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7382 on: March 09, 2013, 12:27:50 am »
Thanks maddy discreet was all I wanted,  I hope your dd is doing okay how long is she usually unwell for her?
Off to vote soon then DS11 has 2 parties today one at the movies and one a pool party then to the IL's for dinner
another warm one here too but I love it ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7383 on: March 09, 2013, 02:48:57 am »
Went to the Kyneton Farmers Market prepared for a food swap. They said that they would accept recipes.  So last night I printed off 6 Non TMX Hot X Bun recipes and this morning picked a bunch of rosemary.    This is what I swapped for.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7384 on: March 09, 2013, 02:51:17 am »
6 duck eggs,  the stringy plant is Thai basil with roots, beans and zucchini.  I am very pleased and so are they.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7385 on: March 09, 2013, 02:53:29 am »

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: March 09, 2013, 03:00:49 am »
I love duck eggs, Chookie! - many years ago now we used to have a lovely little muscovy who just loved to lay eggs.  We came home one day to find our German Shepherd lying on a patch of grass surrounded by about 10 cleaned out eggs shells . . . .and looking very embarrassed and guilty!  I'm sure she had a tummy ache for days after that but was too embarrassed to complain!!  ;D ;D ;D

The two of them had a fantastic relationship.  When the dog was eating the duck would come up between her front legs and had some, too.  The duck was badly injured by a fox one night and sadly we had to have the vet put her down - the sadness of her canine companion was palpable for days afterwards . . .how I miss both of them!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: March 09, 2013, 03:11:42 am »
about to start cooking. i have done the shopping, and have the house to myself all afternoon..... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7388 on: March 09, 2013, 03:38:29 am »
GF,  what a wonderful relationship.  Lovely story.  We had a Rottweiler and lamb. Who had a similar relationship. 

mcmich

« Reply #7389 on: March 09, 2013, 05:09:09 am »
What a lovely story GF.
Nice swaps Chookie. Do duck eggs taste the same as chicken eggs?

mcmich

« Reply #7390 on: March 09, 2013, 05:19:31 am »
Work. Had a brilliant day. 5 patients - discharged 2 and really only had 1 that had a lot going on.  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7391 on: March 09, 2013, 06:10:10 am »
Michele,  richer than chook eggs.  Make great sponges.
Michele you do a wonderful job with these people,  I hope they appreciate you.

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: March 09, 2013, 08:19:21 am »
Maddy totally agree, we have been having some dreadfully hot days and nights here in Adelaide also, we badly need rain to bring some feed through for the cattle, and no one is selling hay as they are all concerned.  We didn't put in an aircon into the new house as we thought we would see how things went in the hot weather, well we certainly need one.  fans only just dont do the job in this constant heat. Thinking of doing a little rain dance tonight to get some of the Qld rain sent down here.  My son lives in Pt Campbell, Vic and he said it was even unusally hot there at this time of year.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: March 09, 2013, 08:41:39 am »
Oh Cookie that is so sad, as you say you were his teacher and your loss feels it so his family will feel it even more so.
 I was thinking about you today as I know you and DH have an interest in vintage cars, we are in Victor Harbour SA a small camper being towed by a  1956/7 Morris Minor has just pulled in, they are from Kalamunda,  so that is quite a trip over the Nullabor xxxxxx

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: March 09, 2013, 08:43:59 am »
Pp i heard from the weather ppl our rainnis heading south.. Lets just hope its south enough to cool you all down:)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/