Author Topic: Pizza Rolls  (Read 110735 times)

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re: Pizza Rolls
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2013, 12:59:20 pm »
The ones at the back were the only two left. I have. 4 year old, a 2 year old and a hubby. They totally demolished them. Will have to make again!

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2013, 10:42:53 am »
Wow they look awesome. I'm going to have to revisit these after such an inspiring picture.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2013, 12:15:57 pm »
Lovely looking pizza rolls INAID.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2013, 01:33:28 pm »
Thankyou! Hubby has requested them for lunch again tomorrow :)

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2013, 12:17:11 am »
Have these on their second rise now. If only I could stop Master 3 from eating the pepperoni I have sliced ready for topping.
Kylie

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2014, 12:35:52 am »
I have been making these regularly lately - so popular.  I usually add a tsp of mixed herbs to the dough, and recently tried using onion jam on them - delish!  I love using this recipe when I only have a little ham or a couple of mushrooms left.  It really makes a little go a long way, and everyone loves them.

My nephew was staying recently and said they have similar at the school tuck shop for $2 each (but not as nice as aunty jo's ones, of course). 

I find the bread keeps well for a couple of days at least...if it gets a chance.  But that helps with my fussy DH who usually doesn't like bread rolls beyond the first day (I make lots into "crackers"  :-)))
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2014, 12:41:02 am »
By slicing thinly and drying out in the oven Jo?  What great idea
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2014, 01:00:31 am »
yep, that's it - just on a tray on low heat until dry.  The kids love "crispy crunchies" as they have named them.  Great for homemade bagel crisps etc which cost a bomb in the shops. 
DH loves filled rolls, so most often it's baguettes or similar which makes lovely even sized crackers.

I haven't had great success with homemade crackers (well, they work, but not a hit with the family), so bread crackers it is.  ;D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2014, 01:31:46 am »
Thanks Jo, must try that myself.  Might even thaw some I have in the freezer and give it a try.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2014, 07:40:28 am »
Another good idea. This forum is full of brilliant ideas. Thanks Jo.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2014, 08:31:37 am »
Great tip. What oven temperature do you call low? Mine can go down to 35c to proove bread, but I don't think you mean that low!

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2014, 08:44:01 am »
Hehe, not quite that low.  ;) Something like 120-130 deg is good.  ;D

Can spray with oil and sprinkle with salt/seasoning if you like, but we are just as happy with plain generally. It does dry and go even crunchier when it cools so doesn't need to go too rock hard. I just turn the oven off when it seems firm and leave them in there to cool.
Jo

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2014, 10:33:11 am »

Just made these from the last 4 Bialys (savoury buns) from a double batch (ITM2 page 218) The dark pieces are the topping on the rolls (parmesan & onions) which give an extra flavour hit to the crisps.  Very nice thanks Jo, this is a super idea.

I had just put them into a 200oC oven then came onto the forum only to see you had added a temperature of 120 - 130oC so I turned it down immediately.  Probably cooked them for 20 minutes turning once.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2014, 10:28:59 pm »
What a wonderful idea Jo - I bought some bagel crisps from the supermarket a while back and they cost a fortune, and I am sure that the ones you make are nicer than the bought ones!  Thanks for sharing the idea.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2014, 11:00:17 pm »
Wow, I'm amazed I have a new tip - I'm usually learning all I can from you all!  ;)
Jo