Author Topic: Fans of Maria Emmerich with Thermomixes?  (Read 4661 times)

Offline France

• View Profile
Fans of Maria Emmerich with Thermomixes?
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:41:01 am »
Hi all
I was so glad to find a Paleo board. I'm a huge fan of Maria Emmerich, specially since following her "ways" I've managed to lose weight without starving myself or killing myself doing too many push ups and sit ups... Her philosophy is "no grain, no sugar, high fat, low carb" pretty much, though those are my words, not hers.
I'm just wondering if there are other people here who follow her ways ( http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/ ) and are making some of her recipes in the Thermomix.

The first recipe I made (just got my Tmx today) was the ginger beer, substituting Natvia for the sugar. Yum! So satisfying!

I look forward to seeing if anyone else here knows her, and her recipes, because I'm probably going to need your help  :D
(I'm in no way affiliated with her or her blog, I just really like what she made me do to my body! :) )
Fremantle, WA - Thermomixing since 2 March 2013

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fans of Maria Emmerich with Thermomixes?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:37:02 am »
What sort of things were you able to eat?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:07:25 pm »
CookieIi think its similar to The Caveman diet.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline France

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:29:25 am »
Yes, that's right Halex, it is a bit like the paleo diet, but whilst there's no dairy in the paleo diet, there's Dairy in Maria's recipes (as well as alternatives for people who are allergic to dairy).
And there's no honey in Maria's recipes (again, too high in sugars) but they do use honey in the Paleo diet.

Her recipes are pretty good for people with damaged metabolism from stupid diets in the past  :-))  I've lost 56 lbs since July, without starving, eating nice stuff and desserts!  ;D

There's a lot of stuff you can eat ;) fruits are mostly off the list (too high in sugar) except for berries, but seriously I thought I'd miss that and bread and I don't really. I wasn't drinking a lot of fruit juice to start with (but I liked juicing veggies and fruit but it turns out all the good ones for the most part, are high in sugar, like beetroots, carrots, apples!).

I bake with coconut flour and almond meal mostly, and even made a killer chocolate torte to bring to work and everyone loved it (using sweetener in place of sugar, like Xylitol, etc)... I'm experimenting on my own, made the Protein Bread in the Thermomix this morning (gave it a vinegar wash last night so it would be dry, and grease free to whip the egg whites), worked pretty well, if I could find a way to not have it deflate when it comes out of the oven! :) Made almond milk, and cauliflower rice too (just got my Thermie yesterday) - also made mayo, but used olive oil so it's a bit strong... But it's nice.
I guess as I go along I'll get more familiar with how the Thermomix works and I'll be able to convert the recipes one at a time :)

:)
Fremantle, WA - Thermomixing since 2 March 2013