Author Topic: Where is JudyDawn?  (Read 45922 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Where is JudyDawn?
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2009, 07:18:52 am »
Hi everyone, well it is all good news for me - no nasties to deal with thank goodness.  However, called into see Geoff on the way to the hospital and he looks dreadful.  Has an obvious chest infection (never gets these), was cold then hot, has lost muscle tone in his arms and back.  Asked them to call in the doctor but will they take any notice of me this time.  Just rang to see if he had been but no, not yet.  Lost my cool and told them the way he is going, he won't be alive to come home on Tuesday.  What does it take to get the doctor to visit.  My daughter-in-law has offered to come down tomorrow and take him to the nearby hospital if the doctor doesn't come in sometime tonight.  I am beside myself with worry - he was quite well when he went in there and to see him now, it breaks my heart. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2009, 07:27:20 am »
Firstly Judy, I am thrilled with your news. But, poor Geoff. I think for your peace of mind and his well being the sooner he sees a doctor the better. Thank goodness for your DIL. Take up her offer if he hasn't seen a doctor.
I am sending cheering thoughts to you and Geoff. :-* :-* :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2009, 07:36:13 am »
Great news for you JD. Sorry to hear your DH is not well. I agree with Cookie1- take your DIL up on her offer & get him to the Dr.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2009, 07:38:04 am »
As cookie1 says - thrilled for you, but the stress on you with Geoff's condition is terrible.

I know only too well with MrsT's work that it can be really difficult to get through to staff in some facilities.  MrsT is always getting doctors in and sending residents off as soon as they start to show the most minor signs.  It is hard to recover once they get pneumonia.

Not sure that I should say that - may stress you more.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2009, 09:39:06 am »
Oh Judy, what a worry, not something you need right now.  I hope everything turns out okay, you are in my thoughts.

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2009, 09:44:09 am »
Great news about you. As for Geoff, the only solution is to have him seen by a doctor. I agree that you should take up your daughter's offer. Please keep us informed.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2009, 09:46:30 am »
I'm so glad to hear about your hospital report - I came straight downstairs to check my computer to see what the result had been.

But poor Geoff!  And poor you. I'm glad you've got your DIL, and that Geoff has such a loving wife to fight his corner.

But neither of you needed this  :(
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2009, 10:13:21 am »
Oh I'm so glad you had a good report.  I hope Geoff is feeling better and home with you again soon. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2009, 12:04:01 pm »
9pm tonight the doctor finally arrived and started him on a course of anti-biotics.  I had been ringing them every hour to see if he had been and even managed to get to talk to the doctor as well. There should be an improvement by Saturday I was told - I certainly hope so.  Will sleep a lot easier tonight.  Thanks for listening.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2009, 12:35:10 pm »
That's good news, Judy.  Sleep well.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2009, 12:42:55 pm »
Oh Thankgod JD,  and Geoff will be fine in couple of days, some strong anti-biotics, and he will be home on Tuesday, and you will be fattening him up with all the lovely goodies that you have been cooking this week!
Bless you both!
The most important thing is that you are both on the road to recovery and its just a question of a couple of days! Big kiss JD, keep your chin up! :-*
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2009, 12:59:21 pm »
A big thank you to everyone for your support over this past month -  it has meant so much to me  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2009, 10:39:27 pm »
You deserve a very special Christmas. All will be 100% by the time the festive season comes round.

I just want to thank you for the help and support you have given, in this forum. The recent success of our 1000th member is dedicated to you.

:-)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2009, 11:26:38 pm »
Thank you MM. I'm sure this forum has done more for me than I have done for it but thank you for the dedication - it is such an honour.  :-* :-* :-*                 

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2009, 12:36:25 am »
Oh Judy, I'm saddened to hear about DH's health and lack of care in the aged care facility he has been in. After everything else thats the last thing you need. Good to hear that you have been given the all clear ;D :-*

Thinking of you both.

MM - what a wonderul gesture!!  :) :)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog