Author Topic: Hi from Melbourne  (Read 4480 times)

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
Hi from Melbourne
« on: November 02, 2010, 09:25:38 am »
Hi everyone,
My TM and I have been together now for 2 weeks and we are still in love!

I first heard about the TM when a friend was having a demo and I was interested to see what she was thinking she "needed" in her kitchen... quite sure that she was really going mad. Of course less than 10 minutes into the demo I was mentally trying to justify how I could afford to fit my own TM into my budget.

Then a few months ago I borrowed my friend's TM while I looked after her dog for a few days and went mad. I tried to make as many things as I could in 5 days, just to show myself and my husband that I would use one, that it would be great, and that we would enjoy it altogether as a family. We did, and I was very sad when my friend asked for it back - she still comments that she had to "ask for it" too... I really wasn't ready to part with it.

12 months on from my first introduction to the TM we received some surprise money and welcome TM! (no one had to die in the making of this relationship thankfully - but a big thankyou to Mr Rudd, who's gift was late in arriving and very unexpected indeed!) In fact, my Mum was visiting when I received the cheque in the mail and I was so excited I started dancing around the house singing "I'm gonna get a Thermomix! I'm gonna get a Thermomix!"

I have made more things that I can recount and have loved them all! I think my favourite so far was the Thai Red Curry, and a Spiced Apple Date Cake (which I may have even gotten from this forum..?), oh and the sorbets, and the custard, and the ....

I have even planted myself a new herb garden in honour of my TM!

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers,
Kerryn
Kerryn

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
Re: Hi from Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 09:52:36 am »
Wonderful! I'm amazed you could drag yourse;f away from it to join the forum, lol.

Welcome to the forum.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 10:04:10 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.What a surprise to receive the money so that you could buy the TM.It sounds as though with the help of your friends borrowed machine you have things sussed out and producing great food already.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 10:20:16 am »
Great story Kerryn. I laughed at the bit about your friend having to ask for it back  ;D. I bet she is glad you bought your own. Welcome and happy cooking.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 10:21:56 am »
you see...and I wonder how many people have planted a herb garden who didn't buy a TM with the Rudd Money??? Well worth it - and such a good investment you have made with that money. Congratulations  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 10:27:06 am »
Loved your story Kerryn, welcome to the forum and all the happy days you are going to spend with your TMX. Great idea having a trial run before buying and lucky you that your friend so generously left her TMX in your care (I'd find it easier to leave the dog than my TMX). 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:12:22 am »
Welcome Kerryn. How kind of Mr Rudd and what a wonderful surprise for you.  I can think of nothing better than to spend the money on a TMX. Keep us informed about your cooking.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 03:34:52 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline Lady H

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 03:47:59 am »
Hi Kerryn,

I know exactly how you are feeling I have had mine for a month and I am cooking cooking cooking.
it is a joke amongst my friends on what I have made next and I am limited to talking about it for 5 mins lol.
I am glad you love it.

Offline Terri

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 04:34:16 am »
I am limited to talking about it for 5 mins lol.

lol i can relate to that, which is why i have been spending hours on here instead  ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 03:26:09 am »
Belated welcome - good to see you've been active in my absence
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.