Author Topic: I'm in Sydney (currently) as well!  (Read 6636 times)

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
I'm in Sydney (currently) as well!
« on: November 01, 2010, 09:10:51 am »
Hi all,

I must confess I've been "stalking" this forum for a little while now but only got around to registering today.  Everyone seems so nice and helpful, I'll certainly be sure to head this way when I get my TM.  It appears I'm going to be getting mine for Christmas and I'm really excited about it.  So in the meantime, I'm collecting recipes, ideas, hints and tips and adding them to MacGourmet (recipe/meal planning software on my mac) for future reference.

I'm ordering my TM through a friend of my mum's who's a consultant in South Australia but I'm hoping to have some kind of demo once it arrives here in Sydney.  I'm hoping it's ok to do that?

Cheers!

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
Re: I'm in Sydney (currently) as well!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 09:16:42 am »
Welcome!

That is exciting, and one of the best presents that i can think of. Glad you joined!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:34:47 am »
People often stalk before joining but it is so nice when they come on in and sit down for a chat.  Welcome to the forum opi2kenopi.  Christmas will be here before you know it and by then you will have so many recipes you won't know which one to do first. I wish I'd known about this forum at the time I got my machine - I certainly would have lost my way if I hadn't stumbled across it when I did.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 09:48:02 am »
Welcome opi2kenopi - lucky you for being the recipient of such a fantastic gift. Christmas is going to be here before you know it. We hope you find this forum helpful and inspiring. We also look forward to trying out any converted recipes once you unwrap the box and settle in  :)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 01:02:25 pm »
Welcome to the forum opi2kenopi.What a fantastic gift to have for Christmas but be warned you will be playing with it all day so get stocked up with ingredients and recipes.Have fun. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 05:01:29 am »
Welcome to the land of Thermomix opi2kenopi. Some very good advice there about stocking up as the shops will be closed over Christmas. Just think you will have the Christmas break to play with it-wonderful. Great gift too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 11:09:21 pm »
welcome I am also from Sydney

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 11:18:11 pm »
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome.

I forgot to mention in my introduction anything about me.  Good introduction huh?!

So anyway, I'm a SAHM with two boys.  DS1 is 2 and DS2 is 3 months.  On maternity leave until April (in my former life I was a Business Analyst for a CRM software company), but my work has actually called me this week to see if I can do some work from home until then.  Arghh!  What about time for thermomixing???  I know there are plenty of SAHM's out there who work from home, but I don't know when I'll find the time...I think perhaps I'm missing something???

DH is in the Army at the moment, which is why my subject mentions that we're in Sydney currently.  We'll be moving home to Adelaide at the end of next year.  I can't wait for that!

Speaking of DH, we've agreed to order my TMX next week, so Christmas comes early for me this year!  Woohoo!  The best thing is that I'll be able to do some Christmas gift cooking in the TMX done before we head to Melbourne for DH's family gathering.

Life is good!!

Offline petit4s

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 11:36:31 pm »
Ooooh, how exciting for you! Nothing like getting a thermomix for Christmas. I hope you have a consultant as lovely as mine is to walk you through everything - once you're going, there won't be any stopping you! Congratulations and welcome!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 12:40:07 am »
It will be lovely when you can join us here in good old Adelaide o2k - obviously you are an Adelaide girl originally? In the meantime enjoy your early Christmas present and try and fit in a bit of time for that job of yours  :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 01:01:09 am »
Originally from Bordertown many years ago now, but did spend quite a few years living in Adelaide before I met my husband and started traveling the countryside as an army wife...

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 02:37:14 am »
I like the idea of getting the christmas present early - as it always means you'll get something else on the day  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 06:56:41 am »
Yep, you're right creampuff.  Although I'll tell DH not to get me anything, he won't be able to help himself!  Love it!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 02:03:57 am »
Exciting news that you are getting your machine early. Perhaps the 'small' present on Christmas day could be a couple of extra TMX cookbooks.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 03:33:39 am »
Belated welcome - looks like you have really joined in here  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.