Author Topic: Judy Dawn and chookie meet.  (Read 8200 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Judy Dawn and chookie meet.
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:22:17 pm »
Judy , who lives in Adelaide, made a trip to Melbourne with her DH.   Good chance for us to get together and have a chat over a LONG lunch.  We talked flat out for 3+ hours!!!! Some TMX stuff,  a lot of other stuff.   It is really nice to meet,  face to face with people from the Forum as you feel you already know them.   As our DH's agreed,  you would think we had known each other for years.   I told Judy that the Forum had been down during her time away.  She still thinks there will be a lot to catch up on. 

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
Re: Judy Dawn and chookie meet.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:44:41 pm »
That's so nice. I hope i get the chance to meet some of the forum members one day.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:13:34 pm »
Woo Hoo  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can imagine you two talking flat out for so long as I know what it is like when we have our get togethers  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 11:39:14 pm »
It's so nice when you get together and put face to name.  I know that I have enjoyed the times I have been able to meet up with Judy, Amanda & Lynn.  Last week I was in Perth and if I had been able to have transport I would have loved to have met some of the WA ladies.  Perhaps next time!!!!!

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 11:54:30 pm »
Yay - that's great! I'd love to meet some forum members too,  so if anyone comes to the Atherton Tablelands for a holiday, make sure you drop by!!  :D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:14:09 am »
Thats great that you got to meet. I can just imaging the chatter over those 3+hours  ;D ;D
Trudy - next time you come to Perth don't worry that you don't have transport as we have plenty !! I'm sure we can organise something
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 12:47:14 am »
Thanks so much.  I had to go over for a wedding, so decided to stay on for a week.  I was at Kinross, which is a way out from the city - Actually, I was hoping that you guys would have your gettogether while I was over and that I might be able to manage getting to it!!!   I did manage to get to Choux Cafe.  I told my girlfriend I wouldn't come unless we could go there after seeing it on the TV.  She had never heard of it.  I was surprised how small it was but we had a nice lunch and took home a doggie bag of maccaroons!!!! 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 01:22:06 am »
Trudy, Kathryn is correct. We will come to you!!!!
Choux cafe is a little diappointing when you see it but those macarons are ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm nearly there mastering them, but not as good as Emmanuel.

Chookie, how lovely that you were all able to meet. I can quite understand how you would have talked. If I ever win lotto I will have to arrange a massive TMX get together. (don't hold your breath)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 09:36:05 am »
It's amazing that one little machine can bring together wonderful friendships that will last for years.Glad to hear that you had a great lunch and long chat Chookie. ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 09:41:10 am »
And its so nice talking to someone who is as passionate about using the machine as they know how you feel. But ultimately, its being able to talk to likeminded people who share an interest in cooking healthily (or aaghum, maybe not so healthily)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

*jo*

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 10:37:10 am »
I love this subject :)  What a lovely friendship you have  :-*

Offline Thermo Jo (aka Jodi)

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 05:05:37 pm »
I agree, friendships like these last for years!  So glad you got a chance to catch up.

We had our Perth catch up today and it was fantastic. So easy to relate to complete strangers but it was like we'd known each other for a lifetime.

It's amazing the networking you can do with a forum.

Demonstrator in training!
Converted for life!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 10:20:48 am »
Hi everyone, back home after our 5 day break.  Must say it was really lovely catching up with Chookie & her DDH again - they are so easy to get on with and we have enough things in common (apart from the TMX) to have plenty to chat about. Came home to 8 pages of postings to read so imagine how many more there would have been without the breakdown of the forum for those 2 days. Will take me a while to catch up but it is so nice to be back amongst it all again - couldn't help myself, the computer was the first thing I turned on as soon as we walked in the door.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 10:47:25 am »
Welcome back Judy, lovely to hear from you again. :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 12:05:52 pm »
JD, glad you both got home safe.  You left the rain behind.   We had 2  1/2  inches this afternoon.!!!  I'll bet you get stuck into using the  TMX  once you have dealt with the Forum.