Author Topic: Help!  (Read 9929 times)

Offline Anne A.

• View Profile
Help!
« on: May 22, 2010, 05:14:06 am »
Hi all, I am Anne and I am hoping that the forum will mean that we can get a greater variety of meals and actually have more success! I used the recipe "meatballs (I used kangaroo instead of beef though) in tomato sauce" and the meatballs were quite raw. I used frozen tomatoes out of my garden and also thickened the sauce and so I wondered whether the lack of liquid affected the steaming?

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 07:05:51 am »
Welcome Anne. I made the meatballs not long after I got my TMX and didn't have much more success than you have and I pretty much followed the recipe. This forum will help you enormously - there are so many fantastic recipes and tweaks to those in the books. Look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 03:50:53 pm »
hmm ok I make this all the time with great success. A couple of questions so we can help  ;D ;D

How big did you make your meatballs ? (mind you I make mine pretty big, too lazy to make them too small  ;))

Liquid is important in the recipe to make the steam. If you want to thicken the sauce, you would need to do it after the meatballs are cooked. (I think this may have been your problem - Mr T where are you?? am I right??)

The frozen tomatoes would work, as long as you have the liquid in the sauce as well.

Don't be put off, this recipe really is worth a retry - my family love it and it is so easy. We generally make up three batches of meatballs at once. Cook one lot and freeze the rest.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 04:10:11 am »
Hi Anne and welcome to the forum   ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

mcmich

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 12:20:25 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Try the meatballs again. I've only used chicken or beef but they always turn out OK.

Offline arluin1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 02:39:27 pm »
Hi Anne, welcome   ;D

North of the River, Perth, Western Australia

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:49:56 pm »
Hi Anne and welcome to the forum. Don't be worried about failed attempts as we have all been there and done that. Just make sure that if you did happen to not have enough liquid in the TM bowl that it didn't sticks and burn the base ( talking from experience) otherwise the TM would not reach the proper temperature to steam the meatballs there fore they wouldn't cook through. Hope you have better luck next time.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.