Author Topic: BREAD  (Read 5610 times)

Offline Doranne

• View Profile
BREAD
« on: September 18, 2013, 03:21:16 pm »
Hi all

If one is making rolls, for example and  the recipe says bake at 60° for 20 minutes and then change the temperature to 200° and bake for another 20 minutes - my question is while you are waiting for the oven to warm up to 200°, do you take the rolls out of the oven and then put them back when it reaches 200° or do you leave them in and when it is on 200°, just bake for the other 20 minutes?

Thanks

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BREAD
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 05:05:45 pm »
I have never come across this method for cooking bread.Are you sure you are not proving the bread for 20 minutes at 60 degrees before baking them at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Doranne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 06:21:10 pm »
Hi there

Thanks for the reply!!Am really sure about this! This was a recipe that the consultant did for us on the day I went to the demo at my neighbour's house!

Make the dough, then break off 7 pieces and roll into a ball and put them next to each other so it forms a flower, and bake at 60° for 20min and then at 200° for another 20 min!!  (Recipe says 240°, but I thought this was too hot so I put it down to 200°!!!)

Hers were firm inside and so delish, I have tried the recipe 3 x now and it did not come out like hers, mine was very soft in the inside, but still good, I asked her about this and she said use fresh yeast, which I do and as I live in France she said use flour type 55 not 45, so i did and still the same thing!! Not sure where I am going wrong, but anyway we shall plod on!!!!!! xxxxxx

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 06:46:05 pm »
Bread demonstrations must differ from country to country so if it worked for your consultant it must be correct.

May I suggest that you try this recipe  Plain White Rolls- No Fuss Many forum members have had wonderful results with Chookie's recipe.Just substitute 30g of fresh yeast for the 2 tsp of dried yeast if you have fresh yeast. :)
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Doranne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 10:38:29 am »
Hi Denise

Thanks so much for that roll recipe, it looks divine and I shall have to try it out soon!!!

I am determined and like to try recipes again, if they have not worked out so well, but anyway there are so many other recipes to try, that I will concentrate on doing new recipes and like you say, it worked for the consultant and so be it!!!

Thanks for your help!!!

Love Doranne xxxx

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 12:24:44 pm »
Good luck with the bread making Doranne. I love bread making.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Doranne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 12:40:32 pm »
Thanks!! Me too! It was the first thing I made when I got Thermie! I always mess up when making bread and with Thermie, it is a dream!!! xxxxxx

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 01:54:43 am »
There are so many great recipes on here you will be busy for ages.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Doranne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 06:37:45 am »
And I always need more time in the day to do what I would like to do .. in between all the daily stuff xxxxxx

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 11:39:33 am »
Hi Doranne,  I have posted a recipe for making bread rolls like this. It is called Bread rolls from a cold start.  It is on my blog.  

http://achookwoman.blogspot.com.au/search?q=Bread+rolls+from+a+cold+start
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:13:21 pm by judydawn »

Offline Doranne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 01:36:12 pm »
Hi there! Thanks a lot, you are really kind, just one daft question, where do I find the Make no Fuss recipe???? xxxx

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 01:41:22 pm »
Chookie's No Fuss Recipe is here  :)

Offline Doranne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 10:43:28 am »
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 11:51:57 am »
Thanks girls,  you are amazing.