Author Topic: Presto Pressure Cookers  (Read 36866 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Presto Pressure Cookers
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2012, 04:44:22 am »
Great Merlin, good to hear it. Cant wait for it to arrive, hopefully next week.

Does it come with a good recipe book?

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2012, 04:56:49 am »
The recipe book is pretty basic. I also found I had to google cooking times.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2012, 05:25:43 am »
Hally, the recipe book with the Cuisinart is very American and very basic. I use the Womens Weekly pressure cooker book or the Suzanne Gibbs one.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2012, 05:38:01 am »
H, I bought the 5 in 1 and sold one slow cooker on ebay and gave the other away but i was wanting to cut down on appliances in my cupboards. With the WW cookbook was it the bigger one or the standard size one? I've been trying to get the bigger one and haven't been able to. Where did you get the books from?

Have found it here $29.95 free postage

http://www.doubleday.com.au/Products/52123_1.aspx

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2012, 05:42:12 am »
I bought the hardcover WW pressure cooker recipe book at Target for $23.95 about a year ago. I saw some there the other day in stock and still about the same price.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2012, 05:54:13 am »
I got mine from Target too Merlin.  I think Wonder had tried there without success and was finding it hard to locate a copy. I could be wrong.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2012, 06:04:37 am »
My apologies- I hadn't read that post!
Albert Einstein

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2012, 06:19:20 am »
No need to apologise Merlin, not at all. It was a while ago that Wonder was asking about the book because she couldn't find one, it stuck in my mind and when I saw this today I thought I'd post it.  :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2012, 07:51:38 am »
The softcover WW book is only about $12.95 and is in the supermarket and newsagency
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2012, 09:35:01 am »
Yep, I saw the softcover one after I had forked out for the hardcover one although I do prefer hardcover cookbooks especially in the kitchen- the softcover ones seem to cop more of a battering from me when I'm cooking.
Albert Einstein

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2012, 10:52:57 pm »
Fishpond had both, bought the hardcover as it has more recipes.

Cant wait, any ideas what should  be my first dish, easy please as I will be very wary if it.

:)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2012, 12:44:02 am »
Thanks for the link i'll have another look at trying to buy the larger of the WW books. I'm not sure if the shops in my area of Melbourne (Heidelberg) don't stock them or they keep running out but I've been unable to get either of WW ones around here. I've never purchased off fishpond and it has some bad reviews so I'm a bit nervous, I would much prefer book depository but they don't seem to have it in stock either - maybe there is a new one coming out??

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2012, 01:24:58 am »
Wonder- I only used Fishpond once and they stuffed up the order badly- in other words I won't use them ever again. Also, I cant stand the fact that if there is a problem there is no direct contact number, it all gets done via emails ie cr*p service if you ask me!! If I buy books online I now only use The book depository- always get the order right, arrives promptly and funnily, most of my pressure cooker books have come from their website. Also, being in Heidelberg you probably would find the books at any Kmart or Target store. I don't know if you go to Westfield Doncaster but there would definitely be some stores that sell the WW pressure cooker books there.
Albert Einstein

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2012, 01:32:10 am »
I have never used fishpond before, hope thay are going to be OK.

H :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2012, 01:37:48 am »
Merlin, that's what I had heard about fishpond so wasn't going to give them a try. I've tried both Doncaster and Northland, target, myer, Big W, K-mart, the remaining bookstores, Woolworths, Coles and even the newsagency!! Must just be bad timing, I haven't tried since I bought the PC about 8 weeks ago so maybe they have got them back in stock but I haven't had any time to look at the shops recently, I even tried the library and they don't have it. Will try again online.