Author Topic: Presto Pressure Cookers  (Read 37198 times)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: Presto Pressure Cookers
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2012, 10:27:39 am »
That pulled pork recipe looks great. I have diced pork in my freezer. Would the recipe still work?
I've bought quite a few books from fishpond over the last twelve months or so without any problems.
I can recommend Miss Vickie's,s big book of PC recipes by Vickie's Smith. It has a big sections at the front with suggested cooking times for various meats, pulses, beans veges etc. it has lots of recipes ( but no pictures) lots of the recipes are American, and there is even a pulled pork recipe in it.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Bonsai

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2012, 02:54:05 pm »
The hip pressure cooking website has some great recipes as well (including another pulled pork recipe "carnitas" which is more Mexican in flavor and very yum).

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2012, 09:26:13 pm »
Bonsai, great website, thank you

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2012, 09:36:37 pm »
Thank you Bonsai.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2012, 12:17:28 am »
Thanks Bonsai, i'll check out that link.

Katiej, I'm with your husband, I know it's tragic but every time I'm in the States for work I seek out restaurants that have pulled pork  :)

DG, that paprika chicken looks great, I might keep it in mind for next week.

We had the bolgnese risotto last night and it was fantastic, can't wait for left overs for lunch today. I'm not a huge risotto fan and DD refused to even try it but DH, DS and myself all had seconds.
www.notquitenigella.com/2011/05/18/slow-cooker-pressure-cooker-risotto-bolognese/[/url]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:29:12 am by Wonder »

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2012, 12:19:39 am »
Excitement my pc is here.

I was cooking 700g blade steak in slow cooker today, beef adobo, but now want to use my new toy.  Its still in the box atm. Dont have any pork defrosted, have the blade steak & 500g of mince.

What shall i cook :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2012, 08:10:38 am »
Well I did Beef and Chorizo Stew (Pressure Cooker Recipe) & not quite nigella pc risotto boolognaise  from Wonders link.

The first dish, tender & flavoursome.
Dish 2 not y cup of tea, but I think ds will love t. I found it very soupy, too much liquid for me.

Dsh 1 would make again, dish for ds if he requsted it.

Both for dinner tonight.

:)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2012, 08:12:37 am »
sorry H I forgot I ladled out a bolw full of the liquid but I thought I had mis counted the cups of stock because I got sidetracked. I took out a couple of cups of the liquid and then cooked for about 5 more minutes without the lid on to reduce a little further.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2012, 08:16:40 am »
Wonder, that makes sense, I added the 6 cups, plus the wine, plus the milk, & thought at the time its a lot of liquid.

I think ds will love this. Not really my cuppa tea, its in the thermomserver in the hope it will thicken.

This would  be a great school  lunch meal for him if he likes it.

:)