Author Topic: SA Weather  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
SA Weather
« on: September 28, 2016, 08:54:31 am »
Hope everyone in Adelaide and South Australia are safe and sheltered from the storm.  From the photos I have seen it looks vicious over there.

Take care everyone.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SA Weather
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 08:59:31 am »
It certainly does sound nasty. I've just heard from Judy and she mentioned that there is no power. Take care everyone and I promise I didn't send weather this nasty over to you. 😄😄😄😄

I will be thinking of you and I will have a glass of port this evening and think of you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 10:45:18 am »
Hope all of our South Aussies are fairing well.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 11:59:41 am »
It's really bad girls but my power has just come back on after 4 hours.  People are stuck in lifts, others can't get into their properties if they have electric gates etc, trams & electric trains stopped, no traffic lights, boomgates down - just a few things that I've heard but there would be plenty more problems out there until all power is restored to every suburb. Thank goodness I had a small transistor radio, one station was so informative and kept me company for hours.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 05:38:13 pm »
Blimey Judy, SA certainly got a soaking from the storm. Good news your power came back on tonight.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 12:12:28 am »
Wow, what a day! Yesterday started off warm and sunny and it was hard to believe that storms were coming.  Come they did, and by the time I got the kids from school it was cold, wet and dark. We walked into the house about 4pm and the power went out. It was ok at first and the kids went out into the street with their friends and had fun playing in the puddles and the rain and throwing water at each other.
Problem was that we had no hot water for them to have a warm shower afterwards.
We have gas hot plates, so I chopped up and marinated some chicken and prepared some veggies before it got dark.  We also found our candles and played some board games. DH came home early and had an interesting drive home with no traffic lights working.
Some of our neighbours came over and we opened some wine. We listened to the radio and tried to find out why the whole state had lost power and when it would be likely to come back on. As the evening wore on, we also lost mobile phone coverage. Our neighbours stayed for dinner as they didn't have any way to cook their planned roast. I cooked stir fried chicken and noodles by torchlight and we ate by candlelight. We played some card games and went to bed with the power still off.
I woke up around midnight as the lights suddenly came on as the power had been restored. The front garden is partly under water and my tomato plants have fallen over, but overall we have got off lightly so far. It's still wet, rainy and windy and is expected to continue all day.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 12:48:08 am »
Thanks for your report Sue, it's interesting hearing everyone's stories. 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 09:11:03 am »
Good to know you are safe Sue :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 01:04:38 pm »
Thanks Sue, I'm pleased things are ok for you. Hopefully our other forum members are ok too.
Have you heard from Katie Judy?  I thought of her coming home from work.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 01:45:32 pm »
She was lucky to catch the last train out of the city before they closed the station last night and tonight Richard picked her up cookie.  I'm having lunch with her tomorrow.