Author Topic: Recipe Review German Apple Pudding - Devil of a Cookbook, p.136  (Read 3439 times)

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution

This is a wonderful recipe and thank you to Lyn Wilkie, who contributed it to the cookbook.

I guess it is a fine point but it actually makes a rich cake, so I'm not sure why it was titled "pudding".

When I was a young teacher, I often went to a German bakery near our school for stress relief and from that experience of similar food items in slice form, I found this cake turned out very much in the right cultural style.

When chopping the apples, I used the spatula a bit, as we do in the sorbet.

The surprising thing about this recipe in particular (to me) was the fact that what is termed "Frosting" is actually a full fat sour cream topping, which is spread onto the cake before it is baked. 

I love almost all cake and dessert so I was always likely to enjoy this delicious spicy apple layer cake, but it pleased me greatly that my DH loved it too.

5/5  One of the best recipes in the book in my opinion.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review German Apple Pudding - Devil of a Cookbook, p.136
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 04:08:53 am »
Thanks for the review Cecilia. I had this one on my "to do" list and will definitely make it now.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein