Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6093838 times)

Offline Katj

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17445 on: March 19, 2015, 02:51:18 am »
Always nice to see regulars come back after busy times. I don't seem to be on as much lately either, always something going on.
Today I've done my normal weekly shop, put on a load of washing, made up the spare bed, put 2 Dutch Almond Loaves in the oven, soon will be time to head to the Aiport to pick up Youngest DS, he is staying for the weekend, DD has a 40th Birthday on Saturday which is a river cruise. Guess who's babysitting?

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17446 on: March 19, 2015, 03:25:44 am »
Nice to hear from you DJ.  :D Glad that you've finally shaken that bug and are out in the garden again.

I thought I had done all the decluttering I could with this last couple of weeks. I didn't think there would be anything else to find.
Went to the linen press and saw two piles of tea towels, I pulled them all out and I have 38 of them.  :-[ I went through them all and got rid of 16 of them either to the bin, cleaning rags or the new ones in colours that I don't go with my kitchen I will give away. Looks like I have a way to go yet. Really 22 is still excessive and I have a dishwasher. Better do a 2nd cull of the tea towels.

I use tea towels to wrap presents  or if I make bread to give I put it in a tea towel.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17447 on: March 19, 2015, 04:06:14 am »
Tea towels seem to go forth and multiply behind closed doors Michele.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17448 on: March 19, 2015, 04:27:19 am »
I use tea towels to wrap presents  or if I make bread to give I put it in a tea towel.
Gert

Perfect Gert, luckily I haven't donated the new ones yet, they're still in the back of the car. Ok, I'm nearly through the wrapping paper that I vowed to use up so now everyone will get their gifts wrapped in a tea towel. Pity I didn't read this before I sent the books off.  :D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:08:25 am by judydawn »
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

*suzanne*

« Reply #17449 on: March 19, 2015, 04:40:00 am »
Thank you everyone for your kind words, it is sad to say that our tragedy has opened our eyes to youth suicide and how prevalent it actually is in our society.

Gert my mum would often wrap gifts in tea towels, I use the kids school artwork which is in oversupply.

DJ so glad you are on the mend, bet you can't wait for summer :D me on the other hand is dreading winter :o

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17450 on: March 19, 2015, 06:00:22 am »
I use tea towels to wrap presents  or if I make bread to give I put it in a tea towel.
Gert

Perfect Gert, luckily I haven't donated the new ones yet, they're still in the back of the car. Ok, I'm nearly through the wrapping paper that I vowed to use up so now everyone will get their gifts wrapped in a tea towel. Pity I didn't read this before I sent the books off.  :D

To the 5 forum members I did send books to - you are probably very grateful I didn't think of this.  ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #17451 on: March 19, 2015, 06:54:28 am »
I wish I held on to the souvenir tea towels that mum gave me before I got married - the quality of the linen was superb. They are not the same nowadays...
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17452 on: March 19, 2015, 07:15:55 am »
I have to admit to having a very, very large stack of tea towels in my linen cupboard. When we started travelling round Oz I always bought 2 tea towels from every place we went. As CP said they were linen then. I am still using them and have many to go.
I regret that when Mum died I gave all hers away. I should have kept them for DD.

Today DH and I spent the day at The Caravan and Camping Show. We had fun. We didn't see anything that was worth trading our van on, so I guess we saved lots of money.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17453 on: March 19, 2015, 07:22:33 am »
Yeh, linen tea towels are so much better and last the distance.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17454 on: March 19, 2015, 08:32:20 am »
My ex-Mil used to bring back souvenir tea towels from all her little holidays within Australia.  I tend to rotate the same 6 tea towels then when they look worn, I use them for washing the car and outdoor furniture and replace them with another 6 new ones.  It's good to have a healthy  supply even though I do have a dishwasher.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17455 on: March 19, 2015, 09:25:26 am »
I don't even use tea towels. I buy 10 bucks worth of micro fibre cloths at Bunnings and toss them when they get disgusting. I have kept CC's for the recipe. All others re re gifted .

Linen? Are you nuts? Lol!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17456 on: March 19, 2015, 12:03:50 pm »
Emme, chose a cook book - wrapped in a tea towel (sorry darl) that's my new choice of wrapping. Blame Gert.  ;D

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17457 on: March 19, 2015, 01:03:44 pm »
Suzanne , deepest sympathy to you and yours. A tragedy at 17.  I can understand you being so distressed.  Big hugs to you.
Denise

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #17458 on: March 19, 2015, 11:00:40 pm »
So long as we never send tea towels back to Gert! Cornish pasties excepted of course!
It's made me laugh a lot tonight reading this. McMich I need you to come stay and declutter us, although I am getting better..... I take things most weeks to hospice shop  ;D they even want bags of rags, labelled as such. They made £160,000 out of rags last year and it's better than landfill, so my old cloths, clothes, tea towels and even socks go in there. That's what they ask for, so that's what they get.  ;D

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17459 on: March 20, 2015, 06:40:43 am »
Glad you got a giggle DJ.

DJ, don't give anyone ideas, I don't want them posted back to me or to Gert.  ;D

I would love to visit England and your B&B would be on the list. Maybe one day  :-*
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:42:49 am by mcmich »