Author Topic: Buying a Thermi in Singapore.....  (Read 9776 times)

Offline KarenT

• View Profile
Buying a Thermi in Singapore.....
« on: March 12, 2011, 03:06:29 am »
Hello!

Can anyone give me information to give to a guest at a demo last week. She's from Singapore, here in Sydney visiting friends for a month. She came to a demo and LOVED the machine - it was an Asian style demo (which was hilarious all by itself - lots of new things I hadn't made before - but the host and her guests were so nice - lots of suggestions and tweaks to the recipes I'd been given.)
Anyway - this particular lady is very keen to have a demo back in Singapore and asked if I could advise her, if there is even a Singapore organisation - I'm pretty sure there is but I thought I'd ask this learned forum for some help - do you know how to go about buying a Thermi in Singapore?

Thanks guys
Karen x

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Re: Buying a Thermi in Singapore.....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 03:35:17 am »
I'm pretty sure there is, Karen - you just need to contact head office for her, and they'd have the details.

Here is a web page about buying a Thermomix in Singapore, with an email address: http://www.all99.com/?page=shop/page&f=7e76d99010bdbd5455d470d95046313d.ihtml
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:12:38 am »
What type of dishes did they do at the demo?

Thermomix have an office in Malaysia and they sell Thermomixes to people on Singapore.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 11:22:14 am »
I've heard there is a Malaysian cookbook. Does anyone know if this has been translated to English. I'm not sure if it is the same as the EDC or if it has local recipes in it. Does anyone know?

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 11:57:47 am »
Twitterpated the Malaysian cookbook is in both English and Malay (?) I have seen it and it is totally different to the EDC as the EDC is the Australian book. Same as the UK book is different as well. The recipes are not what you would expect in the book - I suspect more traditional. Needless to say I am still interested in one as what I saw I liked  ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 12:17:22 pm »
Any idea how to get one faffa_70?

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »
I'm investigating - will let you know  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline KarenT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 12:25:32 am »
Thermoheaven - the demo started with lemonade (?!) but my Hostess wanted to see the sorbet she had heard so much about - this was actually a better dish as the crushing of the ice was very much what they wanted for Ice Kachang dishes - she hadn't found a machine that could crush the ice so evenly.....so Score 1 point right there!
Then we made steamed buns, a lovely pumpkin soup, sauteed pak choy in garlic and ginger and finished with home made soy milk - a huge success as my Hostess drinks a lot of soy milk and finds it really hard to find unsweetened milk in the shops.
She bought a Thermi and I'm delivering it tonight!

There is a new Asian book out this month - mostly Chinese dishes. I think - Alvin, one of the Australian Masterchef contestants this year has been involved. It's a March Consultant Incentive - so I guess it must be available to customers soon too. Can't wait!

I've also heard about a Malaysian book - and I want that even more!

Thanks for the help with my Singapore enquiry xxx

Offline sew chin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 01:55:54 pm »
HI Karen

I will be in Singapore mid of July and you can passed my ph number to her if she needs and demo in Singapore when I am there

Thanks sew chin

Offline sew chin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 03:23:10 am »
HI

Here is the distributor name and ph no. in Singapore if you need to cantact her she is based in Singapore and a full time demostrator

Mei Er ph 0296789180 . She is good with theThermomix and willing to do any demo all over Singapore .

Offline Thermomix Singapore

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 03:11:32 am »
Hi to Everyone

I'm a Thermomix Consultant here in Singapore!  Please contact me for further information and/or a demonstration +65 9625 0898.

Please also check out my blog... it's just new, there will be much more to come

http://thermomix-singapore.blogspot.com/

And my Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thermomix-Thea-Singapore/220484041321882

Kind regards

Thermomix Singapore