Author Topic: New Inspiration Needed!  (Read 5788 times)

Offline BMITW

• View Profile
New Inspiration Needed!
« on: December 02, 2010, 11:41:25 pm »
I am old to Thermomix and don't use it as much as I would like.  It has become a bit like my cooking, I use the same recipes over and over and would love more inspiration.  Last night I attended a festive demonstration (invited by my lovely consultant) and got to watch amazing people creating beautiful and tasty food. ;D
While we were talking they mentioned this forum so as soon as I got home I joined and here I am this morning writing my first ever forum post.
I am hoping that this site will help me to use my Thermomix more and allow me to talk with like minded people from around the world.
I also discovered quite good demonstrations on YouTube.  Some how language doesn't seem to be a barrier and I was amazed at the versatility of this product.
Wish me luck
Margie

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Re: New Inspiration Needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:52:19 pm »
I am certain you will find inspiration on the forum Margie!  There are so many fantastic recipes, and all tried and tested and tweaked, so they are pretty much guaranteed to work out well.  And all of the forum members are so helpful if you do need any advice.  I find that there are more recipes from this forum that I want to try out than there are meals in the week  :D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline mel81q

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 12:50:42 am »
Try some of Isi's breads - they are to die for - yummo. Her bread alone will re-invigorate you I am certain of this, because I felt a like that for a little while. Set yourself a goal to cook every meal next week in the thermomix, using all new recipes. Even if you only do it for half of the nights, it will be enough to make you fall back in love with this little kitchen genius.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 12:58:21 am »
Hi Margie  ;D so glad you enjoyed the class last night :-* (nice to hear such lovely feedback) and that you got on to the forum  ;) welcome to the wonderful world of Thermomix addicts!!!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 01:27:32 am »
as long as you keep eating, you just need to keep cooking. we have so many recipes here and more to come from our members, so welcome aboard - and pretty soon you will be saying you don't have enough time to cook all the recipes that you want to try  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 01:38:55 am »
Welcome Margie  :).  You have come to the right place.  There are many wise and creative TM users willing to help with tweaks, inspiration, tips and new recipes on this friendly forum.  
Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 01:40:50 am »
Hi Margie, welcome at last.  You've made the right move joining us - you will now be amazed at how much inspiration you will get from this forum.  Start reading  ;) ;)  Do let us know if you fall back in love with your TMX.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline BMITW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 02:44:05 am »
Thanks for all your kind messages.  I had a great idea to inspire me.  My consultant gave me a 2011 calander and I have decided to use this as a meal planner and that may help to use my Thermomix more often.
I am new to forums and not sure how to go to certain things.  I looked for Isi's bread but not able to find.  Can someone send me a hint on how to do this  :-\
Thanks again to you all
Margie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 03:33:10 am »
Here BMITW - just go to Bread on the main page and scroll down to read all the different postings or just click on these.

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2665.0 (Isi's very normal bread or roll recipe)

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4253.0 (Chookies)

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3114.0 (Maddy's rolls)

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2729.0 (isi's Portuguese rolls)

These are my favourites and always work for me.  There are heaps of different breads to try though so check that section out when you have time.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:40:14 am by judydawn »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 09:14:42 am »
Hi and welcome Margie to a forum which will inspire you to cook different wonderful foods in your TM.Have loads of fun cooking and chatting with us all. ;D ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 11:02:17 am »
Welcome Margie. I'm glad that you have joined the forum.  You will soon learn your way round it. Just looking at the photos hopefully will inspire you.  Maddy and JulieO are wondereful food photographers.
What sort of things do you like to eat?
I gather from Meagan's comment that you are from Perth, is that so?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline KarenT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 02:07:56 pm »
Hi Margie!

One of my customers said it so well - in the daily course of cooking for the family, think how the Thermomix might help - it doesn't have to be a whole recipe - my kids needed breadcrumbs one night last week when I was out doing a demo - they didn't make the schnitzel because there were no packaged breadcrumbs in the house - I showed them how to use the Thermi to make their breadcrumbs and the light dawned - Ahhhh! it's there as a commis chef in the kitchen - it doesn't always have to be the star!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 03:40:55 pm »
its the light dawning from making breadcrumbs, coconut milk, condensed millk, SR flour, baking powder etc - may only be one step at a time - but once I stand back and think about going out for a take away meal or restaurant meal I don't know whether I should even try to be so fussy as to pay an absolute fortune not to have half the decent meal than I can afford at home (and know what  is in it). Our kids have become so fussy since the TM and there is no way that we are doing all the shallow frying that we used to (not necessarily deep, though sometimes I think when I am adding EVOO to the TM that it would be more than I would normally add to the frypan. Anyone else think this also?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 11:10:31 pm »
I thought the same thing in the early days CP63 so immediately cut the quantity to what I thought was a fair thing. I don't measure, just glug enough in to do the job.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 06:24:12 am »
I agree with you both.  Since having the TMX I now buy EVOO in 3 litre containers. I hardly used it much before. I do reduce it when I'm cooking, but bread and similar things contain it which I rarely made before.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/