Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9037851 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #4125 on: December 14, 2010, 02:20:47 am »
Chookie, I made your KFC chicken up last week and it was superb and loved by all. Thank you for coming up with a really delicous little number  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #4126 on: December 14, 2010, 02:46:25 am »
Got lots of mushrooms and zucchini in my vege box, so I'm making a double batch of Sausage Strata - one for dinner, one for the freezer.  (Keep forgetting to write down my tmx method for this one - must do that!)

Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: December 14, 2010, 03:31:12 am »
That looks tasty Jo.

I have Chookie's Rustic Artisan bread rising. The Christmas puddding mixture is ready to steam after soaking and have just done a banana cake. Hopefully I'll get some savoury biscuits done for Christmas too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
« Reply #4128 on: December 15, 2010, 08:31:39 am »
Today Alice worked hard for me.  We made Apricot Jam x 2, Plum Jam, Beetroot Relish, Mango & Lime Curd, and Roasted Tomato Relish.

For dinner we had pizza (frozen pizza bases made with Alice previously).  Whizzed up and cooked some onion, bacon, capsicum and mushrooms and thew on the pizzas with tomato base with fresh herbs and cheese.  Made stewed apples and custard for dessert.

Tomorrow, we'll be making BBQ Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Lemon Curd, Red Onion Relish...and something chocolate...

:)

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: December 15, 2010, 09:18:53 am »
I'm feeling somewhat poorly today with a sore throat, cough and a headache.  I feel some time slumping on the sofa is in order.

When I've got bored with feeling poorly I'm making bread, chicken and sweetcorn soup, carrot and coriander soup, cheese sauce and the tmx stock.

Nik
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: December 15, 2010, 09:43:47 am »
I'm feeling somewhat poorly today with a sore throat, cough and a headache.  I feel some time slumping on the sofa is in order.

When I've got bored with feeling poorly I'm making bread, chicken and sweetcorn soup, carrot and coriander soup, cheese sauce and the tmx stock.

Nik
Go straight to this recipe Nik and get some soothing comfort for your symptoms.The forum  showed me this great recipe when I had a head cold.I hope you feel better soon.
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1098.0
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: December 15, 2010, 10:08:27 am »
I'm impressed you can think up menus when you are feeling I'll  All I can do is  watch crappy  TV and turn off the food ads that give me nausea. I do know that only females can think up what to cook the rest of the family when we are ill and the blokes just have their man-flu to get over!!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: December 15, 2010, 10:41:09 am »
I shall look up that recipe forthwith CC, many thanks.  I have 2 TMX bowls - one has bread rising in it, the other is making stock at the moment!

Merlin - slumping in front of crappy tv isn't an option as I have an off colour 2 1/2 yr old with me today.  Fortunately he's happy to sit on the kitchen work top and watch me faffing around.  ;D

Nik

Offline KarenT

• View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: December 15, 2010, 02:14:39 pm »
Oooh jealous  - I would love 2 bowls!

made a killer potato salad to go with the marinated non-Thermi chicken - was about to cut some mango to go in the salad when I realised it was past it's best - quite soft and had about 10 minutes of life left in it - so I invented a mango vinaigrette dressing instead - How I love my Bimbi xxx :-))

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: December 15, 2010, 04:02:19 pm »
Oooh jealous  - I would love 2 bowls!

I pushed to boat out when I bought my TMX and bought the 2 bowl set - a 2nd bowl is a godsend.  Sometimes when I'm cooking up a storm I could do with another TMX  ;D

My poor, poor husband (although he does get the opportunity to eat good food!)

Nik

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: December 15, 2010, 05:11:24 pm »
Nicola1968- know what you mean!! Try doing anything useful when you're sick and have sick 4yo twins moping around like I do at times, who both expect to be cuddled with mummy simultaneously.Thank goodness for creche/grandparents/ husband (when not travelling for work) to help out with the kids when I feel lousy and they are still OK.
I can understand how you can think up cooking ideas because the TM is a perfect way of cooking when you're ill, but if I was H.O, I wouldn't be using that as a selling point!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: December 16, 2010, 01:25:30 am »
Todays plan is marzipan, fruit mince tarts (the fruit mince is in the fridge), some savoury biscuits for Christmas and if I go out and get some contreau some mini stollens. If they work out I'll post the recipe. Maybe the ironing  :'(. Done while I listen to the cricket.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline trudy o

• View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: December 16, 2010, 04:24:43 am »
Just made a batch of rocky road which I'll post recipe of later.  Also have ingredients ready for honey mustard chicken for dinner (recipe I just posted in mains section).  Haven't been on lately but just wanted to thank you for sending your messages of support for those who knew of the tradegy we've been through in the last few weeks/months.  It was very much appreciated and sorry I haven't individually replied to each of you. I've just started cooking a bit again and thanks to this forum I have heaps of recipes to try - I"ll post more of mine in the following weeks.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: December 16, 2010, 04:29:53 am »
Just made brons' lasagna. This is the first time I have made  lasagna in the TM. I still can't believe something that took about 3-4 pots and pans before I bought my Thermomix only takes 1 now, effectively 2 when you count the lasagna baking dish. Cleanup is obviously much better and the taste is great, especially when the béchamel sauce doesnt have any lumps in it!
Albert Einstein

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: December 16, 2010, 05:04:11 am »
Just made a batch of rocky road which I'll post recipe of later.  Also have ingredients ready for honey mustard chicken for dinner (recipe I just posted in mains section).  Haven't been on lately but just wanted to thank you for sending your messages of support for those who knew of the tradegy we've been through in the last few weeks/months.  It was very much appreciated and sorry I haven't individually replied to each of you. I've just started cooking a bit again and thanks to this forum I have heaps of recipes to try - I"ll post more of mine in the following weeks.

I don't know what has been happening for you but condolences and good to see you here  :-*
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net