Author Topic: Help my blades are not spinning & it sounds terrible!!  (Read 46364 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Help my blades are not spinning & it sounds terrible!!
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 11:20:28 am »
No I haven't contacted Vorwerk as I only found out yesterday. I'm going to Europe on friday so I'm abit time poor ATM. Was thinking I could contact Consumer Protection or the like, but I don't think that would sway HO. Their main concern is that if they replaced my blades they would have to do the same for everyone else. I said "well that's called customer service". I mentioned that this decision means that I walk away as a disgruntled customer and tell lots of people the negative experience, yet it would probably cost them less than $50 to have a happy customer with a positive story instead. They didn't even give a discount on the blades or postage. It still riles me.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 01:09:47 am »
Well enjoy your trip CP.

The hide of them to say they would have to replace the blade on every one like yours. Why ever not I say. She keeps bragging about how much money she is making and we are talking in the millions here. If she had to replace even 100 blades a year it is chicken feed.

I am not happy either. I am thinking Facebook, Twitter, every forum that ever mentions Thermothingy and ofe course the blogs. Big audience out there.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 01:29:44 am »
My machine is over 5.5 years old and I've never had to replace the blades CP, I can't complain about the run I've had from mine but you certainly have had problems with yours.

Hope you have a really great holiday and you are planning on keeping in touch from afar.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 04:05:22 am »
I thought German steel was the best and I hope my blades are going to give me long service too.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2013, 06:39:09 am »
I guess my time poorness was the reason that did not get into a stoush with HO - just paid the full price + postage and am now waiting for the new set of blades!!!!! I must admit though the TMX is a work horse for me and I have not treated it with kid gloves and could have overloaded the machine on occasions so did not feel that I had many legs on which to fight their veiw that the blades overtime will be "stripped' if overloaded!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:04:29 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2013, 07:58:35 am »
I'll post a photo or two whilst on holiday of course   8) 8). This week I have got so much to do to tie up lots of loose ends and clean the house for the house sitter

Offline mrsb

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2013, 10:25:27 am »
I've been keeping an eye on this thread. (like many people I imagine) I've only had my thermo for about 2 months so I can't input. Can you give me advice on what overloading the blades could look like, sound like?

I find the lack of customer support very disappointing for the price of the machine and I too would kick up a big stink about the blades being a consumable item. They are steel.

I'm watching this with interest.  >:(

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2013, 11:04:13 am »
I don't want to put newbies off using their machine. What I've noticed is that the machine just gradually sounds different. I thought it was in my head. I would look at some things as I was following through a recipe and think that it probably should look a bit more chopped up or mixed through. Then all of a sudden it just doesn't work.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2013, 02:21:12 pm »
CP if you have a moment put it on twitter. That is a brilliant place to do things like that.

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy yourself.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline abstar

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 04:03:54 am »
This has just happened to me. Strange noise, onions not going around, tipped them out and black grease everywhere in the bowl! No Onion Jam Flan for us  :'(
 Ive had my machine for 2 1/2 years  and I do baby it, what I did notice is that mine has always taken longer to chop even though I chop my vegies etc smaller than everyone else ive seen using tmx- even demos.
I also noticed that my blades have never been aligned in that as you look in the bowl they don't look like a cross, more a skewiff cross.
I approached a consultant at a demo about my blades and they typically said they had never heard of it, they were happy to send them to HO for them to look at but I was thinking I cant be without my TMX for that long just for taking a bit longer to chop...now I wish I had
Im just trying to find a local consultant now to see what I need to do but after reading this it may be quicker and easier just to order a new set if it is a"consumable" ?
How do I contact HO- through a consultant anyone know?
Have to say that this looks like its starting to show as a weak point in the armour of this machine...

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2013, 07:10:22 am »
oh dear................................. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

the shaft in my blades seems to have stripped themselves or something .................... my heart is so heavy about this .... I was making the lasagne ..... I was mincing my meat ..... I pre chopped it into cube size chunks and it was just over 200g ... and I was doing it with the pulse button .....I have made this recipe a million times!!! ....never had this problem,,,,, all of a sudden a screeching /whistling sound came from my thermo .... I turned it off and pulled the meat out .... pulsed it again ... blades did a spin .... put the meat in and they just sit still. :(

so I guess I will have to contact HO..... what is the best way to do this?

the lady who I got mine through is long gone .... and I do not know of any other consultants in the cairns area.

so I hope everything can be sorted easily .......sad and stressed .....esp cause I have friends coming over for dinner with a 3 course meal planned .... oh well looks like back to the kitchen doing it the ole fashioned way ....what a culture shock!!!!1
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2013, 08:14:13 am »
Cairns consultant  thermomix.nancy@.bigpond.com

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 01:27:56 pm »
rang head office and the blades were replaced no worries ... only a few weeks left of my warranty ... phew!!!

as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2013, 08:12:43 am »
That was lucky.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Melinda

• View Profile
    • Life of a Military Wife
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 09:17:42 am »
rang head office and the blades were replaced no worries ... only a few weeks left of my warranty ... phew!!!
How long is the warranty on the tmx?  Just curious, I don't need to make a claim!
Melinda