Author Topic: ERROR 55  (Read 23065 times)

Offline Louiero

• View Profile
ERROR 55
« on: December 19, 2011, 12:49:51 pm »
I received my machine on saturday. Come monday it is showing error 55 which refers to scales.  As it is the Christmas period the service guy is on holidays.  She has said to keep it until he is back and then send it off for repairs.  If this happened with something I bought in a retail store it would be replaced immediately.  I don't want to wait two weeks for it to be repaired and I don't want to have a dodgy machine fixed.  I want a new one!  Having perused these forums I have read at least two other members that had the same issue just recently.  Sounds like a dodgy batch to me.  The consultant is lovely so I don't want to upset her but at the end of the day this is a very expensive machine to stop working on the third day.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: ERROR 55
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 01:03:55 pm »
 Louiero i totally understand demand a new machine  >:(

let me say ,welcome to the forum  Louiero  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:10:09 pm »
I think that is shocking to have an error message showing at such an early stage. In the mean time have you tried turning off at the socket and disconnecting the machine and turning back on, pulling out the cord all the way and measuring the MC to make sure it weighs 25/30g? You really need your consultant to take some action, and perhaps she has a loan machine available (ha ha) Perhaps suggest putting a stop on your credit card payment etc until the machine has been replaced???
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 01:13:58 pm »
good thinking CP, STOP the credit card payments
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 03:00:42 pm »
If I was your consultant I would loan you my machine for that period. That's just not good enough, as you say, for such an expensive machine. >:(
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 09:15:46 pm »
Louiero perhaps you should ring HO yourself to see if they can help. I wouldn't be happy at all with the answer that you have.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 11:34:16 pm »
Service people on Holidays????? Not even Xmas yet. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 12:23:57 am »
That is dreadful. I would ring Head office and do a little bit of yelling. I know they are closing over the break but do it today.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Louiero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 03:26:17 am »
Thanks.  I'll ring my consultant who I know would want to do the best thing by me and if I don't get a good result I'll ring head office and open some whoop arse.

mcmich

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 05:13:36 am »
My consultant does have a machine she lends out to prospective clients. Your consultant should be your first point of contact.
I think you have every right to demand a new machine. It's a $2000 appliance. Perhaps we should start an on-line petition asking head office to provide loan machines for just such occasions.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 06:40:49 am »
Possibly by the time they reached you yours may have been repaired. Especially if you can get it repaired locally and not have to send it 'home'.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 09:29:28 am »
I didn't think Error 55 was a major problem.  According to the manual pge 40 you can fix it by turning the speed selection to open lid then to closed lid position.  Have you tried the other options CP63 suggested Louiero?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Louiero

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 10:33:00 pm »
Yes tried all of the suggested things in the manual.  My consultant has been very helpful so I don't need to ring HO.