Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036949 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #975 on: July 13, 2012, 01:40:50 am »
Have a great day Cookie - you don't really need company to go to these shows as you are usually surrounded by dozens of people at any stand.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 13, 2012, 02:09:35 am »
Have fun Cookie...and have some bubbles for me!
Day of errands, hospital run, then pick up my processor from the P.O....and dice away merrily...hope it works, bummer if it doesnt.
.........EAT CAKE!

mcmich

« Reply #977 on: July 13, 2012, 02:15:30 am »
Lucky you Cookie. I certainly enjoyed the Sydney show.

mcmich

« Reply #978 on: July 13, 2012, 02:18:38 am »
I'm having a 10 minute break and doing a sudoku puzzle before I tackle some more cleaning out.
I'm getting much better at them now. I'm up to puzzle No 58 and even had to sharpen my pencil.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 13, 2012, 02:21:09 am »
Warning Michele, Sudoku is very addictive, I play in on my ipad now too.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 13, 2012, 02:56:51 am »
Have you printed off Uni's hardest sudoku ever ang tried it yet...????? It is hard... :-\
:D

mcmich

« Reply #981 on: July 13, 2012, 03:07:42 am »
No, I've only just started doing them and have a book for beginners. I have done a few in the paper and find them quite difficult.

Just as well I don't have an ipad.

Offline Thermolicious

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 13, 2012, 03:18:24 am »
Amy – huge congrats re: beep test result!  I need to get cracking on my fitness as the beep test is part of the criteria for a job I will be applying for shortly. Any tips on training?

Astarra – have fun with your mum!  Mums are the best :)

Cookie – I am jealous!  Make sure you report back and enjoy.

My day today = working until about 5 then heading home, grabbing the quilt and crashing on the lounge for a sci-fi movie marathon complete with home-made pizza and hot chocolate :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 13, 2012, 03:35:37 am »
Can't wait to get home to start the weekend cooking.....
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Thermolicious

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 13, 2012, 03:43:06 am »
What are the cooking plans obbie?  Also am I insane for dreaming about thermo hot choc while I am at work?  ;D  Even the hot choc from the cafe just isn't the same!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 13, 2012, 04:13:55 am »
Thermlicious, every weekend I do a big cook up.

meals, cakes, biccies, slices, as much as I can.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 13, 2012, 05:26:03 am »
It's been a day of complaining.

One to Telstra  - we have the phone exchange on our property accessed from a different road.  They fail to tell the poor cleaning people how to get to it.  The man showed up yesterday at our house, drove in the gate panicked, drove onto the grass to turn around and got his car bogged.  It's not that hard to put a note on the service request with the correct address is it???  I don't know how he got is car out, because I was leaving the house when it happened running late for an appointment.  Now I'm left to clean up the muddy mess he left.

Two to our local council, one regarding public play equipment that is falling apart which they are meant to look after.  The safety rails are coming loose and the wood is all splitting leaving sharp bits etc  The other about the drainage on the fire access track which our driveway comes off.  The mud is now ankle deep.

But I feel cleansed now that I've gotten it off my chest.  I'm in the system now so will see what happens.

The rest of today is about catching up on housework, it's been a busy week out and about so nice to be home in my trackies and fluffy slippers.  I think the kids needed a day at home too, as they have both been asleep for hours.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 13, 2012, 05:26:23 am »
Amy – huge congrats re: beep test result!  I need to get cracking on my fitness as the beep test is part of the criteria for a job I will be applying for shortly. Any tips on training?

Thanks Thermolicious! ;D What job are you applying for?
I might be able to give you a few tips. What sort of exercise are you doing at the moment?

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 13, 2012, 05:28:46 am »
...Waiting...Waiting...the plane has been delayed yet AGAIN....  >:( 
Can't do too much about it tho.  :)
:D

Offline Thermolicious

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 13, 2012, 05:29:45 am »
Amy - WAPOL but it won't be until I get my fitness amped up  ;D  I am seriously unfit so starting by doing interval training on the treadmill and working my way up to a crossfit session or two!  I need to get 6.1 to pass but my aim is to 10.1 which is pass for a young man.  I want to be as prepared for the academy as humanely possible.