Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9032148 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #19245 on: October 07, 2013, 09:20:13 am »
Made this savoury loaf today.  The recipe came with a new loaf pan I had bought.  
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:34:56 am by mab19 »
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19246 on: October 07, 2013, 09:27:29 am »
Boys will be boys Karen but dipping into the moving ice-cream maker is a bit risky  ;) 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #19247 on: October 07, 2013, 10:55:40 am »
A friend and I like to have a cook up every now and again...the result from today was...(you might remember them from the cover of the latest Taste magazine)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19248 on: October 07, 2013, 11:06:46 am »
Love it.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #19249 on: October 07, 2013, 11:10:12 am »
Boys will be boys Karen but dipping into the moving ice-cream maker is a bit risky  ;) 

It is not something I would usually let them do Judy  ;D ;D  and they most certainly didnt learn it from me  ;) ;)

When DS was about 10 months old, I left a glass of wine in the middle of the table while I went to put some washing in the dryer.  When I came back, he had crawled up onto a chair, onto the table, into the middle of the table, and was sitting there drinking my wine  :-)) :-))  He obviously has a talent for crawling up onto benches and consuming whatever is on them!

Spectacular cupcakes Jamberie!  Do they taste as good as they look?  You've done a fabulous job with them.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19250 on: October 07, 2013, 11:26:52 am »
How have you controlled his drinking problem since then Karen  :D   Is this DS1 or DS2?

Tonight I decided to do something with a punnet of strawberries which was becoming overripe.  Ending up making a fruit dip, strawberry nutella poptarts and 1/2 batch Strawberry Liqueur. 

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #19251 on: October 07, 2013, 11:29:20 am »
All that from one punnet!!

Ert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19252 on: October 07, 2013, 11:32:02 am »

Well there were 6 over from the other punnet so I guess that helped stretch it a bit further Gert.

Jamberie they are gorgeous.  That was the first edition of that magazine and my DD has given me a subscription to it.  I am hoping it improves a bit as I didn't find many recipes that took my fancy in the first one.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19253 on: October 07, 2013, 12:17:09 pm »
Jamberie that is very clever. Well done.

Judy I feel much the same about the new Taste magazine. Hopefully the second one will be better.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #19254 on: October 07, 2013, 12:28:42 pm »
thanks for the compliments :) They really were super easy. I'll post a Thermomix conversion next time I make them.
Spectacular cupcakes Jamberie!  Do they taste as good as they look?  You've done a fabulous job with them.

Yes they do Karen! Yummy cake and yummy topping L)

Judy I feel much the same about the new Taste magazine. Hopefully the second one will be better.

Yes, Judy & Cookie, I thought this edition was a little bit too much about the people (ie famous foodies) than the food. Although I still found a few things to make...I think our next cook up might have to be the Zonuts  :o
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19255 on: October 07, 2013, 12:38:34 pm »
I agree Jamberie.  The website is the home cook sharing her recipes so I thought the magazine would be along those lines too and big named chefs just isn't what I was looking for in that magazine.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19256 on: October 07, 2013, 12:49:34 pm »
Great cupcakes Jamberie 8)
Amazing what you made with just a punnet of strawberries Judy :o
Your DS is certainly resourceful Karen :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19257 on: October 07, 2013, 12:59:46 pm »
The pop tarts only have a small piece of strawberry CC, the inside is smothered with nutella and some of my strawberry liqueur jam from last Christmas. A few in the dip but most of the punnet ended up in the liqueur and that is going to be my favourite part of the punnet.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19258 on: October 07, 2013, 01:12:52 pm »
The pop tarts only have a small piece of strawberry CC, the inside is smothered with nutella and some of my strawberry liqueur jam from last Christmas. A few in the dip but most of the punnet ended up in the liqueur and that is going to be my favourite part of the punnet.
They look very good Judy 8)
Talking of Strawberry liqueur I meet occasionally a very nice young lady walking her dog when I'm out with Chance.She is a very keen cook and I was talking about just making the liqueur so she decided she would go home and make some.Well I saw her recently and said how did the liqueur go? She said that the strawberries had nearly gone white after being in the alcohol for two weeks :o :o I burst out laughing and said they only needed 3 days ( although I did four) Ah!!! she said then I'll go straight home and decant it and make jam with the strawberries. Morale of the story write the recipe down.You are bound to forget some process :D :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #19259 on: October 07, 2013, 01:21:13 pm »
Very funny CC. Now she has white strawberry jam.  People will think it is some sort of mutant strawberry or at least albino strawberries,