Author Topic: new user  (Read 6797 times)

Offline natalia

• View Profile
new user
« on: April 15, 2012, 03:32:33 am »
Hi everyone, I bought tnx off e-bay just recently (there are a few second hand ones for sale, I don't know why anyone would want to sell one, they look so good!). I am now waiting impatiently for it to arrive.  I am thinking of having a demo just to learn how to use it.  My tnx doesn't come with the everyday cookbook.  I have looked on the tnx site and they don't sell it. Does anyone know where I can buy one from?
We I've on the south coast if NSW, and have 4 children. I am really looking forward to saving time with my tmx and eating more healthily. I especially like the look of the soever's (i am an icecreamaholic)
I am also looking forward to navigate this sight and learning from all of you, thanks, Natalia.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: new user
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 03:55:46 am »
Hi Natalie, welcome to the forum. I'm like you and don't quiet understand why people would want to sell their TM.
As for the everyday cook book I'm not sure if you can buy them directly from Verwork or not. I have seen them on eBay occasionally though.
This forum has so many recipes though you will barely need the everyday cookbook, I find the main thing I make out of it is the vegetable stock that is used in a lot of recipes.
With 4 children I reckon you will find the TM a great benefit (I have 5).
 I reckon you would find lots of info on the Internet on how to use the TM and ask any question you want on here cause we are all here to help where we can. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:05:49 am »
Welcome to the forum, Natalia.

The Everyday Cookbooks are only available from Thermomix Group Leaders now.  If you go to http://www.thermomix.com.au and click ino the Contact Us box, you can complete the form and request a referral to the nearest Group Leader to you.

I am not sure how you would go buying TMX recipe books as they are part of the after-sales service for customers who purchase through the Australian consultants.

You could get the independently published recipe books cirectly from the authors - check out Alyce Alexandra cookbooks and http://www.tenina.com .

You could also download the Thermomix apps from i-Tunes - In the Mix, Spin a Dinner and My Way of Cooking.

I do hope you get your Thermomix no dramas as with no warranty you are acting quite bravely.  Lots of people will be interested to see how you go.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 04:20:50 am »
Robo gourmet is another great TM recipe App, this one has a vegetable stock recipe as well :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 06:56:59 am »
welcome to the forum natalia. this forum is way better that any book  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 07:17:26 am »
Hello and welcome Natalia. This forum is filled with great recipes.
Take care and Happy Cooking
DG xxx
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 07:55:44 am »
Welcome Natalia, i use this forum every day. Have alot of the cookbooks, but don't use them much.

Enjoy your new toy.

Robyn :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 09:00:36 am »
Welcome to the Forum Natalia.  Most of what you will need is on the Forum.  If there is something you can't find just ask and we will help if we can.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 09:15:35 am »
Welcome to the forum natalia 😊
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 09:25:47 am »
Hi Natalia, welcome to the forum.  You will always get people who buy things then don't use them - heaven knows why.  Sometimes they sell because of a financial situation but whatever the reason, you now have yourself a TMX and you will receive all the advice you want from here. Pity they are not passing the Everyday Cookbook they would have received with the machine onto you.  It has some basic instructions for the most simple things, like cooking rice, pasta, eggs etc which you will need to know.  I only use it for those basic instructions these days as there are so many recipe books out there and many more on this forum.  Have you seen the index of the Everyday Cookbook, here it is.
Surely there has to be a consultant/GL out there who has one of these books they can sell you.  If you have trouble getting one Natalie, I will type up a list of all the basic things for you to get you started. Just let me know how you go sourcing the book.  Do you know anyone with a TMX who can show you the ropes when you first receive your machine?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:34:37 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline natalia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 10:22:53 am »
Hi again everyone, thanks for all of your replies!
It certainly looks like I can get most of the recipies I would like from here, which is so helpful. 
I have seen the everyday cookbook on ebay but it sells around $100-$120 plus postage, ouch!!
I am thinking of having a demo to learn how to use it if they will give me one (since I already own one they may not be too happy about doing a demo as I won't be buying a second one).  I thought I was saving money buying if off the net but by the time I pay for the thermoserver and other bits and pieces it won't be that much cheaper and with no warranty,  :( but I guess you live and learn.
Judydawn, I will keep trying to source the book, if I can get it cheaply.  If not your offer of typing up some basics would be very helpful.
Dede, thanks for your thoughts on robogourmet.  I checked it out and it looks like it is an apple app.  I have an android phone so it doesn't look as though I will be able to use it.  Would you be able to give me the vegetable stock recipie.  I have been using powder and would love to make fresh stock, so much healthier.
Thanks again everyone for your warm welcomes and thoughtful comments I really appreciate it, kind regards, Natalia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 10:51:55 am »
Natalia, here's a version of vegetable stock concentrate and another from the forum.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:34:57 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 10:56:33 am »
Welcome Natalia. I'm sure you'll get by with basic things like cooking rice, cooking pasta and boiling eggs. We can send you the 'how to' on those, please just ask. Apart from that the recipes on here are very good.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 10:58:48 am »
Hi & welcome to the forum  :)
I hope your TMX arrives quickly and you're cooking in no time.  I'm sure you will love it!
I also hope you can source the Everyday Cookbook at the proper price (and not those inflated prices on Ebay).

JD I could scan the pages required and email them to Natalie if that is easier than you having to type them out (you work too hard already!!)  :D
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 10:59:55 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum Natalia. :)
There is another vegetable stock concentrate and here is the meat  stock concentrate .Have fun cooking. ;D

You beat me JD :D :D :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:07:12 am by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.