Author Topic: Secret Santa 2013  (Read 206920 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa 2013
« Reply #540 on: December 03, 2013, 11:59:12 am »
I will have to peek as soon as I pack everyone off to Car Club and work. I'll sit down with a coffee and my iPad.  :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 03, 2013, 06:37:19 pm »
Frozzie, that really brings back memories ... I remember those 'bun / scone' holders from when I was a child but hadn't seen them again until Chookies earlier this year and also saw some whilst I was in Europe in June.  It's very colourful.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 03, 2013, 08:12:25 pm »
What a lovely gift Frozzie.. :)
Brings back memories for me too Cuilidh as I remember mum using one when she had friends over for afternoon tea.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 03, 2013, 08:58:19 pm »
Lovely pressies everyone.

On postage Gert I feel the same about the parcels I have received from SS's this year and last or other generous forum members. The surprise parcel is still waiting on my mantelpiece. It makes me smile every day.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #544 on: December 03, 2013, 09:25:07 pm »
Frozzie, I bought my scone holder in Hong Kong years ago.  I use it on special occasions,  ( please note the jar of Vegemite in the photo,  thanks Katie) ;D
My SS gift has shifted from the kitchen/ dinning room to the lounge. 
Am I being kind to my SS by not opening it.  ?   Ral has offered to hide it for me,  but knowing him he will forget where he put it. ,! Last week he was looking for a pair of socks in his sock drawer.   He found a small jewelers gift box.  Some time ago he had bought me ,  with out me knowing, a pair of ear rings that I had admired.  He had forgotten them.   So I won't trust him with my SS gift.  No way. 
ES!  Hope you are well enough to enjoy your holiday.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 03, 2013, 09:44:30 pm »
 :D :D Join the club Ral, we put things in a safe place then forget where they are completely.  Lucky you Chookie, a pair of earrings as a surprise gift before Christmas. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 03, 2013, 09:54:34 pm »
That is so funny Chookie, my DH once put a substantial amount of money he was given to purchase Grand Final tickets for another family in a safe spot - we never did find the safe spot and had to pay for his ticket plus the family of 5 he was purchasing tickets for. Quite a while after purchasing the tickets he thought he remembered putting the money in a library book, unforutnatley the library book had long been returned and the library of course had no record of money being stashed in a returned book. He didn't even have age that he could blame!!

Judy, once Katie mentioned there being one at Chookie's I remembered it. I'm thinking they must be from the 50's era as the cafe near us is very authentic and they use them all the time to serve scones if there are a few on the table who have ordered them.

My gift is still in the box it was delivered in but I'm thinking I will cover in wrapping paper and put it under the tree - if the kids ever get around to putting the tree up.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 03, 2013, 10:02:14 pm »
You just have too much self control Wonder  :D

Ouch, an expensive 'safe spot'.  DH used to put money in books too until I told him it wasn't a good idea.  There were some English notes we think he once put into a book and we've never seen them since despite the fact I flick through books before giving them away.  I could have given it to CC if I had been able to find them.  I always prefer people to pay me after I've bought something for them rather than beforehand - it saves problems like your DH had.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 03, 2013, 10:10:00 pm »
it's not really self control Judy, I love getting surprises but rarely do as my family aren't very good at thinking of presents for me so when I have the opportunity of a surprise gift I treasure it for as long as I can.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #549 on: December 03, 2013, 10:15:12 pm »
it's not really self control Judy, I love getting surprises but rarely do as my family aren't very good at thinking of presents for me so when I have the opportunity of a surprise gift I treasure it for as long as I can.

Same here.  But it is tempting. 

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 03, 2013, 10:27:09 pm »
I am being very strong and haven't opened my SS present yet - I haven't even poked or rattled it, in fact, it is 'sort of' hiding so that I am not too tempted, but I can't wait until I open it on Xmas day - it will be the first one I open!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 03, 2013, 10:45:12 pm »
My absolutely awesome gob smackingly beautiful and oh so welcome infuser pitcher. Thank you my dear SS my gift is wonderful and could not have found a better home especially as we both drink lots of cold water with lime , lemon or oranges. Sometimes all three.

Perfect and will be used every single day forever.

I am now retiring my current water jug to whence it came. the Salvation Army store for resale to some person not so lucky as me.

Happy happy dance.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 03, 2013, 10:50:50 pm »
That is a great gift Gert, I've looked at similar in the shops and thought I might buy one. I currently have one the same as your old jug

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 03, 2013, 10:59:45 pm »
Very apt present for someone living in the tropics Gert, it's a little beauty isn't it?  I see Jaxon wanted his picture taken too  :D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 03, 2013, 11:00:13 pm »
The first thing I am going to put in it is kiwi fruit as I have quite a few. It is very heavy and DH's is in Love with it already as he gets sick of me saying please refill the jug before putting it in the fridge.. We have a cool water dispenser in the fridge but it really  is not cold enough for me so this is perfect for everyone.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.