Author Topic: Jamie Oliver Home Cooker  (Read 27299 times)

Offline teagg

• View Profile
Re: Jamie Oliver Home Cooker
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2014, 12:07:20 am »
Dear all - I'm standing in Hornsby target now and they have two of these machines on clearance price... With the cutting tower included... If *one* was to say that there are *seven* days in the week but only *five* of them are working... Would that give you all an indication of the financial outlay you'd need to make...?
I'm sorely tempted but have no storage space and would really prefer double glazed windows and gas-fired central heating (hydronic heating)...
So will try to be restrained and go to find my children instead!!!
Rgds
Gillian ;-)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 01:17:42 am »
Wondering if you did choose the latter option Gillian  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 01:33:32 am »
I would have  bought one for fun, to see how good it was..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline teagg

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2014, 04:56:10 am »
Well I did find the children. Did also return to see if anyone had rushed in to buy one (not yet). And totally agree with you Obbie - but I really am bursting at the seams... And I don't think buying more appliances is the way to convince DH of major rearrangement changes being needed in the kitchen...
So I didn't indulge... And will no doubt really pine for it once the option has gone!!!
Gx

stacelee

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2014, 04:59:03 am »
I bought one a few months ago when it was on clearance (a little lower than previous post :) but not much. I love it for making jams etc...I don't tend to make much else in it.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2014, 05:48:03 am »
You can't miss what you never had teagg  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2014, 08:59:33 am »
I think you made the right choice teagg. I'm also glad you found the children.  ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline teagg

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2014, 11:53:50 am »
Ummmm
I'm not sure about not missing what I never had... But then again my mother did always tell me that I had a very active imagination as a child... !!
And you are right - it is good to have the munchkins - though to be honest - they'd have found me if I'd taken too long - they did in all the other shops today.... ;-)

But it was their shopping day, not mine (too much like hard work to traipse round shops...) (well with the exception of sewing and kitchen-related shops.....)

We managed nearly five hours... I think that constitutes some form of exercise and I should be let off for good behaviour....

Thank you for the comment about jam making - to be honest if that's your primary use then I won't miss it... I need more jam in my life like a hole in my head.............😳

And TMX has pride position over the hob/under the extractor fan (on a glass cutting board thingy) - so there's no other spot for another steam-producing item....

But if you do get one.... Please let me know what you use it for, and what your thoughts are, on it!!!!!
Gx

mcmich

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 07:27:42 am »
I bought my daughter and son-in-law one on clearance. They love it. Make risotto, casseroles, soup. I really like the tower. It's the one thing I miss with TMX, doesn't slice or grate.