Author Topic: New Forum coming up  (Read 62945 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum coming up
« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2015, 07:59:07 am »
I know how you feel Chookie. I have taken to spreading my iPad page until the add on the right disappears. Actually it is the one at the bottom I hate, I always think there are more posts to read and it's an ad.  :'( :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2015, 10:56:34 am »
Hello

I will pump up the font if possible.

As for the "whitish" background, it is more or less used in all major sites. Don't know what would be best in this case. (they say the best is actually a black background, but I think it would not be very good)

As for the ad relevance, Mr. Google goes more for the user preferences than for the site itself. But I can try to see what other suggestions and or options we have.

Thanks

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2015, 11:07:27 am »
Thanks MM. I would appreciate changes to font size and density of colour of print. if these were fixed the background would be OK.  I enjoy the Forum and don't wish to withdraw as a member   .Mr Google must have his wires crossed as the majority of members are woman, so why the Asian woman adds?

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2015, 11:19:59 am »
I can understand that Chookie, it is terribly hard to read on the iPad for us older women.
I have to agree Judy, I think I will have to go back and get my eyes tested again.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New Forum coming up
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2015, 12:40:37 pm »
I detest this ad. It really detracts from the forum.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:42:35 pm by cookie1 »

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2015, 10:46:15 pm »
I certainly wouldn't like those eyes staring at me either Cookie!  :o   ;D

Online Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2015, 11:40:07 pm »
This is the first time I have read this thread for several weeks and really feel for those who are experiencing such terrible problems.  I do hope they can be resolved quickly as it would be a tradgedy to lose any of our wonderful members.  I do not want to sound ungrateful for all that you have done, MM, but I have to ask if you are using a professional web designer / service in this upgrade?  Perhaps that is, in fact, your job as I do not know anything of your background, but I believe it is their job to ensure that so many of these problems do not arise in situations such as this.

As for myself, well, I usually only ever access the forum on my desktop pc - occasionally from a laptop - and I have not experienced so many problems.  I do have Adblock running as well, so that obviously helps.  After reading this thread, I am very reluctant to look at the forum on our notebook or tablet, I think that would really wind me up if I were to have all the problems so many of you are having.

I know you can never keep everyone happy, but you can keep most people smiling.  My fingers are crossed that all will be resolved very soon.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline ElsieD

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2015, 11:49:57 pm »
This is the first time I have read this thread for several weeks and really feel for those who are experiencing such terrible problems.  I do hope they can be resolved quickly as it would be a tradgedy to lose any of our wonderful members.  I do not want to sound ungrateful for all that you have done, MM, but I have to ask if you are using a professional web designer / service in this upgrade?  Perhaps that is, in fact, your job as I do not know anything of your background, but I believe it is their job to ensure that so many of these problems do not arise in situations such as this.

As for myself, well, I usually only ever access the forum on my desktop pc - occasionally from a laptop - and I have not experienced so many problems.  I do have Adblock running as well, so that obviously helps.  After reading this thread, I am very reluctant to look at the forum on our notebook or tablet, I think that would really wind me up if I were to have all the problems so many of you are having.

I know you can never keep everyone happy, but you can keep most people smiling.  My fingers are crossed that all will be resolved very soon.

I had wondered in a post farther down if the upgrade had been beta tested as I cannot believe that an upgrade would be problematic for so many people.  Many of these problems would normally be resolved during beta testing, particularly things like a tiny font and a very faint one at that.  And just to add that I agree with another poster who found the dating ads offensive.  Most of the posters are women and I dare say most of us are not interested in dating Asian women, or women period, so I can't figure out the purpose of these ads are.  It sure can't be making the advertisers any money.  Plus, the fact they take up a third of the page is also annoying.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2015, 04:09:13 am »
MM I have no ads, never. install adblock plus,  its free.  I like the new font darker too. :)
I don't use tablets to see the forum, only laptops, and desktops.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2015, 04:26:10 am »
Hi all, I have been absent for a while and am not used to the new format yet. What I cant' work out is why there appears to be a post I am missing. The last post seems to be there, a poster's name appears but the is only an ad.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New Forum coming up
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2015, 06:15:21 am »
Like this Chocolatte?  I find this very annoying too. Just having an ad at the bottom of the page would be much better.

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2015, 10:04:56 am »
I kinda wish the old forum had been left as is!
I can't really see any improvement in the tablet or mobile form.
It is still a fabulous forum to visit but the format hasn't really been improved and with out Tapatalk it would be quite frustrating.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2015, 10:25:17 am »
I use an ad blocker on my iPad (speed me up) so no ads. I much prefer to use tapatalk than the forum online,  it doesn't look like much has changed other than the color. I find tapatalk so much easier to use and I can save recipes by subscribing, easy to find again.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2015, 10:26:27 am »
Like this Chocolatte?  I find this very annoying too. Just having an ad at the bottom of the page would be much better.

Yes, that is it exactly. It took me a little while, but I finally realised it was the same last poster on every thread. Duh.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2015, 10:31:07 am »
I installed Adblock on my iPhone but had to remove it as the VPN was draining  my battery literally could watch the % go down. My ads don't seem to be as big, no Asian ladies just nappies.