Author Topic: List of Hints and Tips for New Owners  (Read 231264 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: List of Hints and Tips for New Owners
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 09:37:22 am »
Yes, I forgot to put mine in reverse once as well - I haven't forgotten since though!!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2011, 06:35:47 am »
I think the 'threads' that are getting caught are from tea towels that have a frayed fringe. But I love doing it to get the bowl ultra dry when I've washed it and need to mill something next. I also turbo it first to spin the water out of the blades.  ;)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2011, 04:39:09 pm »
Yes you are not supposed to do it and it can void your warranty!!
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Kate84

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2011, 11:23:03 pm »
Yes thanks Meagan that is exactly what i was wondering! I have never put a tea towel in to dry mine but i have seen it done and thought "wow" but then when i heard that it is not a good idea i wondered if it voided the warranty. I guess TMX should let those know that were told it was ok?  I saw a warning on another thread, something about washing degergent, they are not replacing bowls if you do that in them.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:56:51 am by Kate84 »

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2011, 12:46:43 am »
Whoops - i just re-read my post - I don't turbo with teatowel inside just with nothing in it.  :-[

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2011, 05:43:37 am »
I knew exactly what you meant Nay but re-reading it other may not  ;)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Vivaroo

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2011, 12:02:12 pm »
Such a good list of tips - I was having starting to have buyers remorse on the first day or so because I couldn't get anything out of the jug - yep spatula left-handed problems - read these tips & bought a soft one from Woolies and life's a whole lot better.  For $2k it should almost come with a $4 soft spatula don't you think?  

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2011, 12:37:44 pm »
Such a good list of tips - I was having starting to have buyers remorse on the first day or so because I couldn't get anything out of the jug - yep spatula left-handed problems - read these tips & bought a soft one from Woolies and life's a whole lot better.  For $2k it should almost come with a $4 soft spatula don't you think? 

You would ... but unfortunately there are people out there that would try and use it while the machine was going (believe me!!) There are reports that a customer in another country actually put the electrical part in the dishwasher as they were told it was ALL dishwasher safe  :-)) :-)) I make sure I clarify that when I deliver now - not that I think any of my customers would do that - I want to ENSURE they don't!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2011, 02:40:51 pm »
There are reports that a customer in another country actually put the electrical part in the dishwasher as they were told it was ALL dishwasher safe  :-)) :-))

I have a frypan (I think???)  :-))) and you can immerse the whole lot in water, but you don't put the electrical cord in. I woudln't immerse the whole thinkg in the sink for ages so this person is a real idiot - but that is the general public and you can never presume to be a step ahead of what they think
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 12:16:39 am »
Reminds me of the story of the lady that bought a  winnebago with cruise control so she didn't have to drive the whole trip. She put it on leaving the drivers seat to make a cuppa and it crashed of course - but she had to sue cause no one explained she couldn't do that!!  :-))

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 02:29:43 am »
 :D :D :D I remember that email going around Nay Nay. I laughed but had to concede that there would be someone  out in the big wide world that would silly enough to do that.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline Curly Club

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2011, 04:23:17 am »
Hi, I am new so apologies if this tip has already been posted elsewhere. I read the tip "When milling or grinding you can place a piece of paper towel between the MC and the lid so that little pieces don't fly out." I found this tip very helpful but eventually found placing an unopened freezer bag between the jug & the lid even more effective. There is enough give so it twists with the lid.Leave the measuring cup off. I use a dry pastry brush to brush the milled spices down from the sides of the jug.
It's probably not great for the environment but to be honest I also use the freezer bag trick heaps if I'm making messy dips, cake batter etc it saves so much washing up. I'm trying to come up with a simple way to cut the freezer bags into single sheets.( A guillotine might work) . I learnt the hard way that this tip can not be used with hot recipes  :-[

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2011, 05:14:53 am »
That's a good tip Curly Club.  Hi and welcome to the forum.  Why not pop over here and introduce yourself formally so that we can all say hi.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2011, 05:29:41 am »
Thanks Curly Club. Perhaps Glads Press and Seal may be good too.
Welcome.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2011, 06:37:45 am »
Thanks Curly Club. Perhaps Glads Press and Seal may be good too.
Welcome.
Have you been able to buy that recently Cookie?
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.