Author Topic: Great Moring Tea Recipes  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
Great Moring Tea Recipes
« on: November 08, 2011, 10:53:11 pm »
I "think" I am having people for morning tea this weekend and would like to do something "nice" I bake all the time and have my favorites of Choc Bimby Cake and M & M cookies etc ( though I can't buy mini M & M's anymore !  ??? ) Any suggestions on something a bit special, it would be even better if I could make it before hand.
To add another question, I don't drink coffee ( but can make TM hot chocolate ) whats the best way to make nice coffee in the TM or I have one of those coffee plungers ( one cup size ) and I have "freeze dried coffee" in an airtight glass jar  but it would be a couple of years old does it go off? Sounds like a dumb question but neither my hubby or I drink coffee ( both hate the taste ) so the whole idea of "great coffee' is foreign to me.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Great Moring Tea Recipes
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:19:54 pm »
CreamPuffs chiux pastry to make chocolate profiteroles are fab.

They are on here, cant do link but search  will find them

Also nay nays perfect scone is delish, on here alsi

Enjoy
H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

ElsieD

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 11:47:16 pm »
I would chuck the stale coffee.  If you have a Starbucks near you, they have a very good "instant" coffee called VIA.  It is a micro ground coffee, that is, real coffee and you simply mix it with boiling water.  It tastes like brewed coffee and keeps well for a long time.  It comes in a package of 10 individually wrapped packages and each package makes one cup.  We are brewed coffee drinkers but I keep this on hand for those days when one of us wants just a cup of coffee as opposed to brewing a whole pot.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:17:40 am »
Yes I second CP's cream puffs.  You can make mini ones by piping on to a tray.  Can be made,  but not filled, the day before.
I also like to offer a savory plate.  Cheese scones or savory muffins are good. If the morning tea is likely to replace lunch,  I make small round bread rolls,  scoop out the soft centers and fill them with either curry mince or salmon mornay.
Have fun,  and let us know how you go, Deeau.   

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:22:03 am »
I second Hally's suggestion of nay nay's scones. You can make your own strawberry jam to serve with them. They take a second or 2 to whip up and are so light and delicious.
Denise

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 01:29:46 am »
Thanks for the suggestions, the coffee will go, might grab some instant  no starbucks for 250kms so their coffee is out ...lol
I will probably do scones and the choux pastry maybe with custard & chocolate, my guys don't eat cream ( have wanted to try them anyway )
Will throw in some muffins  orange and poppyseed? as they will freeze well if they don't get eaten.
Thanks again

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 01:33:52 am »
Trudy's Orange Muffins are great Deeau.  Have fun - you are bound to impress your guests.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 08:22:54 am »
I hope it went well.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 03:01:11 pm »
Instant coffee taste awful and bitter no matter what brand or how fresh it is. Anyway after its open its tastes even worst after just a few weeks.

I dont really see the point of making coffee in the TMX though you can make a fine coffee just by buying some coffee filters and a funnel that fits the filters.

Best result is to wait 3-4 minutes after the water has boiled and then pour it over as the temperature should be around 95 Celsius.

Anyway you can buy coffee beans and grind them in the TMX for fresh grind :)