Author Topic: Playdough  (Read 48363 times)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Playdough
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 04:38:19 am »
Hi Jenny,

I have posted the recipe for you under the play dough recipe thread in the non food items category. There are some discussion topics before it, so just scroll down.

Have fun with it  ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 04:46:06 am »
Hi !

Where can I find the recipe for the playdough ? I am new in this forum and I have only a Germany Thermomix cook book where they do not have the playdough recipe. Thanks for your help and sharing! Jenny

Welcome Jenny  :-* :-*

Ta faffa

Also check Jo's recipe at http://failsafethermomix.blogspot.com/2009/05/play-dough.html
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline thermoteen

• It all counts, for $10.50/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 12:34:06 pm »
I was thinking about playdough last night, when putting abandoned stock back onto the shelf at work.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 10:58:09 pm »
You are never too old for a batch of playdough Thermoteen - go for it ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline thermoteen

• It all counts, for $10.50/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 03:55:00 am »
You are never too old for a batch of playdough Thermoteen - go for it ;) ;)
I know, but it has to be REAL playdough, not the fake play doh in the Coles toy aisle (Aisle 8 in Gungahlin)

Offline tanyag

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 06:20:28 am »
I've made this playdough three times already, but everytime it is a crumbly mess and SUPER oily.  If I trow the crumbs on the benchtop and knead it, it becomes a really nice playdough.  I'd like to avoid the manual kneading part, what am I doing wrong? ???

Tanya

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 01:52:03 pm »
Hmmm not sure Tanya, this is almost a weekly thing in our house and it works every time - I do know if the kids leave it out and it starts to dry out I can re knead it back to smooth, so I think I know the consistency you are talking about.  Are you making the recipe that is on the forum here as I think that has been tweaked...it is the one that I use. You can find it here

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1279.0

Hope this helps!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 03:03:25 pm »
I made this yesterday for my kids after doing a series of "throw it all in and mix recipes" and anyway I was distracted by kids and hence threw it all in and then I realised that I didn't do it step by step (but it was too late, so I decided to try it anyway).  After I realised I cooked it for 5 minutes as it said and then mixed up on speed 6 for a few seconds to help get it off the sides and then kneaded it a little longer than it says in the book.  Anyway it turned out ! So I say chuck it all in lol.

Kids loved it.  It was very, very smooth and I just turned it out on the bench, split in 2 and then kneaded the colours into each.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 09:45:37 am »
Love "chuck it all in" recipes for anything.  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Jennifer

• View Profile
    • Multiple Birth Parents
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 10:26:51 am »
Made mine last week and is the best playdough ever!!  :)

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 12:07:32 pm »
Did you "chuck it all in" Jennifer ?  Have you tried to make it the step by step way before at all ?  I'd be interested if you thought it turned out any differently ?  I still have the same batch in the fridge, so it's keeping quite well and the kids play with it a fair bit.

Offline Kym

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 01:21:41 pm »
I made some up yesterday and I was rather impressed.  I did follow the EDC and not chuck it all in.  It was all crumbly in the bowl but came together so quickly on the bench.

Offline Jennifer

• View Profile
    • Multiple Birth Parents
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 01:48:16 pm »
Did you "chuck it all in" Jennifer ?  Have you tried to make it the step by step way before at all ?  I'd be interested if you thought it turned out any differently ?  I still have the same batch in the fridge, so it's keeping quite well and the kids play with it a fair bit.

I made mine to how it says in the book - it turned out a bit crumbly to begin with but kneaded together quite well.

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 03:57:27 pm »
i made this today for the first time, mine was crumbly too but yes kneaded very easily on the bench, i was too havy handed with the oil so it was ridiculously greasy so just added more flower. 2nd batch was perfect and also didnt wait for it to cool down this time.  nicky
the answer is chocolate, who cares what the question is!

Offline hopefulcook

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 12:26:16 pm »
Thought I'd 'bump' this review. I follow the EDC and it is crumbly to start with but found that it comes together easily on the bench. My kids love it. I haven't tried colouring in the TM bowl I'm worried about staining it! Forgot to put gloves on so I had red hands for the last few days...