Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6073909 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24630 on: December 02, 2020, 05:04:23 am »
K atie, sorry to hear of your troubles at present.  Hopefully your son will be okay, will be feeling low for a few days I would think.  You take care too  :)

Judy, good to hear you are having a good time, will do you the world of good I'm sure.  :D

Sounds like another great day out Cookie.  :D

I've had a really nice day too.  We were down the beach by 5.30 but it was so dark from the clouds it was like night time and oh so windy.  We walked a bit but it wasn't very nice so we turned around and came home.

I had a chiro appointment then some grocery shopping.  When I got home DH asked if I'd like to go out to lunch so we went to a local bistro and I even had a glass of bubbles  ;D

About 10 mins after we got home the postie dropped off my new bag.  Absolutely love it, even nicer than what I thought it would be.  Now just relaxing for the afternoon, DH starts night shift tonight.  :D

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24631 on: December 02, 2020, 12:37:26 pm »
Thank you girls for your kind thoughts . DS at this stage does not need surgery but has to be very quiet for 4-6 weeks , no driving the tractor chaser bin for harvest ! He is ok very sore and uncomfortable today . Home tomorrow hopefully .
Now the plan is how to keep him quiet and not totally board for the next 4-6 weeks . 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24632 on: December 02, 2020, 07:49:06 pm »
Oh K ATIE, I feel for you.  Trying to keep such an active young man quiet.
Freezer full, no more cooking today.
Will type up recipe for Woks of life Pull a part Milk bread. It is a keeper . I made several adjustments to the method and of course adapted it to TMX.  When I made the recipe yesterday the lady tradie was here fixing  our Microwave.  I gave her one of the 3 that I was baking. She said she would eat it for her lunch. They will make a handy little gift and fit perfectly into the AF to reheat. May even be able to bake in AF.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24633 on: December 03, 2020, 06:42:02 pm »
Sorry to hear of your DS accident Katie. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24634 on: December 03, 2020, 08:01:21 pm »
We are setting up a timed self watering system in our Mediterranean courtyard. It is a bit of a challenge as the main hose is very tough and Ral is drilling holes to fit the sprays.  We are fortunate in that we have an excellent plumbing shop nearby.  I take a drawing of what I want to do, and some photos of the area, and they supply the goodies.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24635 on: December 04, 2020, 01:29:54 am »
They have probably heard of your legendary baking Chookie.
I'm off to get my hair cut a bit later this morning. I will also pick up my new glasses. I always plan to have a long leisurely look around, but after I've been at the shops for an hour I have had enough. DH has gone over to his Mum's place to do a big tidy up. He has a bin in and hopes to fill it. It is pretty neat, but as there is no one watering some of the larger shrubs are suffering so he is going to take them out.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24636 on: December 04, 2020, 11:43:41 am »
DS has spent the whole day watching some tv . He is quiet which is good . I Had to do a few jobs with DD so DH in charge feeding and making sure DS had his pain killers .
Managed to get some washing done , wish the next few days were hot ones just to get all the kids school bedding washed , never mind . Poor MIL car stopped today , water in the fuel tank !! A few people in town have the same problem.. DH is not happy about it at all . DD is doing jobs around the house to earn some money .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24637 on: December 04, 2020, 10:56:20 pm »
Finished the timed self watering system.  Was quite a challenge setting up the device that turns the water on and off.
Very much feels like we are heading for Xmas. Yesterday ordered the prawns.  Checking up on ham on Monday.
Looking forward to our trip to Melbourne .  Staying at Sofitel in Collins Street. 1/2 their facilities aren’t open.  Only main dining room and room service. Planning trips to Lygon St. And Essential Ingredient. Vic market for fresh fish on way home.
Plumber came yesterday to clean out the gutters.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24638 on: December 05, 2020, 04:30:23 am »
Home from my holiday today, a glorious week away with friends. We had perfect weather and did everything on our list of to-do things.  The local shops in several towns did well out of us.  Back to reality now, washing done, everything else put away and time to relax now some 3 hours after arriving home.  My SIL is coming over from Melbourne on Monday, looking forward to catching up with him.

Chookie you will enjoy your trip to the city after all this time.  All devices are difficult for us to set up, we had some laughs down at DD’s holiday house when trying to do simple things like open the washing machine door, finding the microwave and even getting the front door open LOL.  A quick check with DD and our problems solved, I guess she got a laugh too.

The water in the petrol tank seems a problem where your Mum lives K Atie, perhaps many cases of that.  If we don’t have a problem ourselves someone else always does and it becomes our problem.  You’ve had your fair share lately so I hope it settles down for you.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24639 on: December 05, 2020, 09:09:17 am »
Water in the tank is not a good thing. It sounds as though the place they all buy their fuel needs to be checked on.
Judy I had a laugh at you not being able to open/find/work things. Mr Google has been very helpful for us with these problems.
This morning DH sold his car! He is buying another dual cab Hilux 4 x 4 with a tray back. We have ordered it but may have to wait some time for it to be available. We thought it would take a while to sell his. He even got his asking price, as it is a good vehicle. The new Hilux has better towing capabilities than mine, so it will be our new towing vehicle. There is no way I would sell my red car.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24640 on: December 05, 2020, 09:03:08 pm »
Well done Judy.
Cookie, I don’t know what I would do without Mr Google.  Yesterday I jammed the paper in my printer. He proved very helpful.  Also consulted about setting up the timer for the watering system. Our lovely neighbour is looking after our chooks while we are away.  We will clean out the chook house today so it is nice for him, ( and the Chooks. ) 
GD is going to clean all our windows while we are away.  She need the pocket money.  She is also catching the train to Melbourne and will drive us home.  Still need to get her hours up. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24641 on: December 06, 2020, 08:46:13 am »
I haven't done a lot today. I've sorted out all the filing that needs doing. I should do it each week, but I leave it and then there is heaps.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24642 on: December 06, 2020, 07:53:46 pm »
I haven't done a lot today. I've sorted out all the filing that needs doing. I should do it each week, but I leave it and then there is heaps.

Yes, this is something that is easily put off.
6 monthly appointment with gut Dr. 
Checking on our Xmas ham .  I have ordered it but they haven’t confirmed the order., and going out for lunch with GD.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #24643 on: December 06, 2020, 08:24:03 pm »
I hope your holiday has re-energised you Judy, sounds like you had a good time.  :)

Grandson's dad picked him up yesterday and taken him back to Adelaide for a few weeks.   :(

A bit of cooking and tidying up the freezers are my plans for today.  Am enjoying the cooler weather at least.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24644 on: December 07, 2020, 03:40:16 am »
The washing, a little ironing and maybe vaccum the living areas. Then make some biscuits, which will be fun.