Author Topic: Cream Puffs Choux Pastry  (Read 53445 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Cream Puffs Choux Pastry
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2013, 11:27:42 pm »
BZB,  you must try this recipe by CP as it is just great.   Make sure you cook them well. 

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2013, 04:43:47 am »
The heart is willing, Chookie. The tummy is also calling. Just need to find the time to try this one.

What is the best custard recipe for cream puff filling, everyone?

Offline SuzieG

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2014, 12:33:02 am »
My DD and I made these this morning.

We were lucky enough to go to a patisserie class in Paris recently where we made petit choux by traditional method so I was excited to give it a go in the Thermie.

Recipe was great.  I accidentally beat the three eggs together, but tried to add a third at a time.

I also stick bowl in fridge for a few minutes to cool mixture before adding eggs.

My end result was quite firm and I had trouble piping it - piping bag busted! (although I'm not an expert piper by any means and it  could have been operator or plastic bag fault)

I also made by puffs a little too small.

Cheated and filled with remade whipped cream in the cans (from ww) and topped with melted chocolate.

Tasted pretty good, they are all gone!!

Will def make again, thank you.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2014, 12:45:50 am »
Susie,  glad you had a go at this recipe.  I think that this is one of the all time great recipes on the forum.  I had to have 2 goes to get it perfect.  Family sat at the table waiting and testing different toppings and fillings.  I like whipped cream and a bit of raspberry jam in center and a dusting of icing on top.  DH likes chocolate custard as filling and coffee icing.  . 

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2014, 07:16:49 am »
I made this yesterday too but piped onto an éclair baking tray I bought a while ago but hadn't used.  They held their shape really well despite my dodgy piping.  I filled with cream and iced with drinking chocolate icing which my friends prefer to a dark chocolate topping as it is sweeter.