Author Topic: Carrot cake with nuts Thermomix easy  (Read 54846 times)

Offline ozzy-dj

• from my garden
    • View Profile
    • Golly's Kitchen
Carrot cake with nuts Thermomix easy
« on: April 18, 2010, 06:31:37 am »
Name: Carrot cake with nuts
Size: 12 pieces 20cm X 20cm

Ingredients   
160 gr carrots cut in pieces
80 gr nuts I like almonds but the nuts are optional
140 gr oil
160 gr sugar
130gr plain flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder TM
1 teaspoon allspice or mixed spices
1 teaspoon baking soda (bi-carb)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Topping thanks to Trisha Burgess
250 gr cream Cheese
60 gr Maple Syrup
80 gr nuts optional

Method

Put carrots and nuts in TM Bowl chop at speed 8 for 6 seconds or until chopped to your liking
Scrape down the bowl.
Add all the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Combine at speed 6-7 about 15 seconds. Check and scrape down sides and mix a couple more seconds if necessary.

Preheat oven to 180 C
Grease and line baking pan. I use 20 cm square.

Pour mix into prepared pan. Bake for 40 min or until straw comes out clean.

Cool slightly then remove from pan and cool completely.

Topping. If using nuts put in bowl and chop at speet 9 for 3-4 sec.
Add cream cheese and mapyle syrup. Mix at speed 4 for 30 seconds.
Spread on Cake.

members' comments

cookie - we really like it. I reduced the sugar by about 20g. I didn't put the cream cheese icing on it, I just used a butter icing and then TMXed a few almonds to sprinkle on the top. Great recipe.

Amanda - I made this brilliant little cake on Saturday and it was all gone by yesterday morning, so I will be doing another today (we currently have loads of carrots)!
I iced it with 80gms cream cheese, 40gms butter, about 1 cup of icing sugar and a slurp of pure maple syrup - divine! It's just delicious - excellent crumb and beautifully moist!

CP - Lovely, easy and quick to make. Will make this again, thanks for converting.

maddy - we really enjoyed it. I used walnuts in the recipe.

Icing (like Amanda) I used:
80g cream cheese
40g unsalted butter
30g maple syrup
130g icing sugar.

Thanks for posting it ozzy-dj

Chelsea - Oh heavens.  This cake is divine and so easy!  Thank you for the wonderful recipe Ozzy-DJ and also thank you Maddy for jotting down the yummy icing measures.

Yvette - stayed lovely and moist for days (it didn't really taste like carrot  cake though).

lucky - very yummy, thank you for sharing! It's all gone, and didn't even get to be iced.

Nic2WIN - Yum.  Was intending to make it into muffins to take in lunch boxes (we've plenty of carrots so still can ...)  I made it into two "loaves" which I sliced in half and filled the middle and the top - yum, yum. Couldn't actually believe how easy it was!!  
Really nice and a big hit with ds1 (ds2 doesn't like carrots apparently). Many thanks for sharing.

Moo2 - Made this the other day with pecans, walnuts, carrots and dare I say it, pumpkin as I didn't have enough carrots. It was lovely & moist and so very easy. The best thing is that my 3 DS's all thought it was one of the best chocolate cakes they had tried. I didn't dare tell them it had veggies in it. Thanks for posting this recipe Ozzy-DJ.

Denzelmum - Made this without frosting.  Very moist and yummy.  All gone by now.  

Shazzy - YUM! Thanks for this - we have all loved it especially the icing!!!  My 2 boys and I were discussing the merits of just making the icing and eating it without the cake!! Very easy to make - will definitely make this again.

Obbie - I made this yesterday, and gave 1/2 to Mum & Dad. Yummy, and so easy.Thankyou.

dede - Made this today. I have yet to taste it but it smells great and was really easy to make ( like most things with the TM).

funnyfarm2 - Thanks for posting this recipe! This has become my favourite tmx cake. Everyone in my family loves it with or without icing. I usually double the recipe and cook in a large spring form tin. Even then it still doesn't last very long.  I also use a more traditional cream cheese icing using lemon juice.

JD - I've done the version from Brazen's blog and I love this recipe too so it is certainly good for all our new members to see it and perhaps try it themselves.  I've frozen it complete with the philly lemon icing - thaws out perfectly.

Thermobudgie - This is the BEST carrot cake ever!! So easy and so yum. I've made loads of carrot cakes and they are usually pretty tasty but this wins hands down. The only things I change is to cut down the sugar to 100g of rapadura or brown sugar and to add extra nuts in at the end because we love crunching on big bits of nuts! Thanks for posting such a great recipe.

Amanda - it's such a great cake.

SueJen - Out of the oven partly eaten. Icing, unbelievably great. Cake so moist. Don't like carrot cake but love this one. Saw it here and thought it would be great for visitors. Had to try a piece though and its really good and so easy.

Bec8112 - Yum! It's so easy and tasty. I used almonds and then added some walnuts at the end for some crunch. Had no maple syrup so used 60gm light agave syrup in the icing, yummy and not too sweet.

Emme - This is a great recipe, mixed it up, put in the pan then realised I had forgotten the sugar, tipped it back into the thermo bowl and blitzed it again this time with sugar.  Put back in pan and baked, turned out lovely.  Will certainly make it again but with sugar added at the start (less mess).

VieveMS - Can't believe how quick and easy it was to make. I used the same icing as Amanda and Maddy (80g cream cheese, 40g unsalted butter, 30g maple syrup, 130g icing sugar).  If I was to make the icing again I'd probably reduce the amount of maple syrup slightly as I did find it very sweet.  Definitely a winner!

blackwood - This is so quick and easy! I love carrot cake, but they take so long to make pre-TM days...grating the carrots, chopping the nuts...etc. This version is amazing..I think it is my favourite cake at the moment. I've made it at least half a dozen times now. It is so moist and I love the fact that it makes a smaller sized cake than my old carrot cake recipe. It means that the cake gets gobbled up before it has a chance to go stale...then I can make another one! A definite winner from this household 5/5!

Uni - Too easy.  Cut into pieces, individually wrapped and in the freezer for DH to take to work .

Amy - I whipped up two batches of this recipe and made 4 carrot cake loaves for a bake sale. I used the cream cheese icing but I didn't have any maple syrup but it was fine without it though. Thanks for the recipe, its great!

SuzieG - Made as cupcakes with the maple syrup icing version.  Mmmmmmm  Cooked 190oC for 20 mins, swapping trays over half way through, I think I got 22 out of the mix.

kezza - Made this today in ring tin.  I only cooked it for 30 mins fan forced.  It seemed to be done - I hope so as I am taking it to work for a friend's birthday.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:38:08 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Carrot cake with nuts Thermomix easy
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 09:32:50 am »
This looks lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline ozzy-dj

• from my garden
    • View Profile
    • Golly's Kitchen
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:52:01 am »
Thanks cookie1, The thing I like about this is how fast it can be made. I will admit I usually frost it before it gets really cold which means the only real time is the cook time.

One of the things I like about Thermomix is the fast food option while still being good for you.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 06:11:19 am »
My DH rang me this morning to say he and a 'mob' were possibly coming round for morning tea. I made this and it was very easy and ever so  quick. Then of course they didn't turn up. ??? I'll ice it later and we'll have some for afternoon tea. The raw mix tasted lovely. If we have leftovers I'll freeze them to take away.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 09:07:53 am »
Great little recipe - so quick and easy - 2 steps in the TMX and into the oven   :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:06:20 am »
Well we've cut the cake and we really like it. I reduced the sugar by about 20g. I didn't put the cream cheese icing on it, I just used a butter icing and then TMXed a few almonds to sprinkle on the top.
Great recipe.

Forgive the sunlight stripes across the table and cake. I had the blinds partially closed.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 01:59:21 pm »
We forgive you Cookie. You are doing a great job with your photos.  The cake looks lovely.  :)

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 12:31:09 am »
I made this brilliant little cake on Saturday and it was all gone by yesterday morning, so I will be doing another today (we currently have loads of carrots)!
I iced it with 80gms cream cheese, 40gms butter, about 1 cup of icing sugar and a slurp of pure maple syrup - divine!
I'm sorry it didn't last until a photograph, but it is just delicious - excellent crumb and beautifully moist! ;D
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 03:19:34 pm »
thanks for confirming that it is good Amanda - always good to hear.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 07:18:56 am »
Lovely, easy and quick to make. Will make this again, thanks for converting  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 10:28:21 am »
Yum - that looks great.  Love the icing *drool*
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 12:40:52 pm »
I made this today, and we really enjoyed it.

I used walnuts in the recipe.

Icing (like Amanda) I used:
80g cream cheese
40g unsalted butter
30g maple syrup
130g icing sugar.

Thanks for posting it ozzy-dj  ;D
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 12:07:51 am »
Alll that icing !!!!  :o :o :o  It looks lovely and moist.  Great work - bet the kids loved it.
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 10:55:33 am »
Oh heavens.  This cake is divine and so easy!  Thank you for the wonderful recipe Ozzy-DJ and also thank you Maddy for jotting down the yummy icing measures.  :)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 02:14:02 am »
I made this a few days ago stayed lovely and moist for days (it didnt really taste like carrot  cake though)