Author Topic: Sweet Potato Brownies  (Read 10026 times)

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
Sweet Potato Brownies
« on: September 17, 2011, 09:41:05 am »
I saw this unusual recipe on The Guardian website.  My Thermomix conversion of Dan Lepard's delicious recipe is on my blog, if anyone is interested - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com/2011/09/seasonal-secrets-september/

Members' comments
johnro - Made these tasty morsels today using your conversion, Amanda.  I made the recipe x 1.5  and made an error with amount of butter adding 190g instead of 150g, the pic attests to this error in the moistness despite the brownie being left in the oven a little too long as the result of a phone call.  Thanks Amanda for this recipe.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:40:41 am by judydawn »
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet Potato Brownies
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 10:23:59 am »
Nice one Amanda, nice to see a TMX recipe on your blog  ;)  I still love the original Brownie you posted on the forum but will have to give this one a go.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline katesjoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 10:35:22 am »
Looks yummy Amanda.  Think l will be trying it out on Monday.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 11:24:48 am »
Looks great Amanda.   I see in today's Guardian that Dan Leppard is bringing out a 600 page book containing recipes from his Guardian column, together with tips and hints.   Can't wait

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/sep/16/saffron-bloomer-recipe-dan-lepard

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 11:32:19 am »
Thanks Amanda for the recipe.My DH hardly ever eats fruit, so I try to get as much veg into him as possible and he loves Brownies.So a recipe made for him. :-))
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 05:31:30 am »
Thanks Amanda with hols. upon me I will try these in the next couple of days before going to Sydney Friday for 6 days - yeah!!!!  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 04:27:23 am »
Made these tasty morsels today using your conversion, Amanda.  I made the recipe x 1.5  and made an error with amount of butter adding 190g instead of 150g, the pic attests to this error in the moistness despite the brownie being left in the oven a little too long as the result of a phone call.  Thanks Amanda for this recipe  :)  :)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:35:01 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.