Author Topic: ideas for eggs...  (Read 8205 times)

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
Re: ideas for eggs...
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 07:17:14 pm »
There are several varieties of green colored tomatoes:
These are the most common.

There are also green cherry or "grape" tomatoes  and I have seen one "fingerling" tomato - about an inch in diameter and 3 inches long.

One year (when I still had reliable garden help and a much larger garden) I grew 40 different varieties of heirloom tomatoes, mostly ordered from places that specialize in heirloom plants.  However I ordered seeds from a couple of places that had really unusual varieties.

This place. as this is a California company and it is difficult to order plants from suppliers outside of the state.

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 08:46:05 pm »
Very interesting website from the supplier in California Andie,I never knew you could grow white tomatoes. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14:56 pm »
I always freeze left over egg whites and have no issues when using them after defrosting.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 02:15:27 pm »
thanks for the link andie
it was so interesting  to read , l never  knew there was so many different colour tomatoes
l love some of the names of them , it makes me wonder how they come up with them 

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 10:35:08 pm »
Egg whites seem to whip up better after having been frozen - I use the yolks in quiches omelettes or icecream.