Author Topic: Chicken Salad with Vietnamese Dressing - Dinner Spinner  (Read 32840 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: Chicken Salad with Vietnamese Dressing - Dinner Spinner
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 11:19:35 am »
This was my first Dinner Spinner recipe. It was really easy and quite tasty. DW doesn't like chilli so I only put half a medium one in the dressing and it was enough.  I would happily make this again.

I purchased the Dinner Spinner app and found it really easy to use. It was very helpful when I was in the supermarket and needed to check a couple of ingredients.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 01:12:01 am »
This was delicious - made it last night.  2 more Dinner Spinners arrived in post yesterday after I ordered for friends who had been drooling over my copy - also purchased app as I needed Chilli Pork recipe before yesterday's delivery.  Great to have on hand when back at school (which is next Wed - eeeekkk!!!!!) wondering about evening meal - thanks Tenina for making life a little simpler.  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 12:16:37 pm »
Next Wednesday--seriously Johnro?!  We were at school til Dec 22, but don't go back til Feb 1st.  Good luck for 2012--youre right, its a great recipe, my current fave when you need to take a salad. 

Have a great term 1 (sounds scary to me, my head is not there yet!)
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 12:42:27 pm »
This was delicious - made it last night.  2 more Dinner Spinners arrived in post yesterday after I ordered for friends who had been drooling over my copy - also purchased app as I needed Chilli Pork recipe before yesterday's delivery.  Great to have on hand when back at school (which is next Wed - eeeekkk!!!!!) wondering about evening meal - thanks Tenina for making life a little simpler.  :)  :)
Blimey Robyn that six weeks flew by :o
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 01:17:11 pm »
Denise there have been many more descriptors used lately when the thought of commencing the school year is discussed and blimey has not surfaced  :D  :D  Lellyj you deserve the break until Feb 1 given you had to work up until Christmas - we finished Dec 9  :)  :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:27:35 pm by johnro »

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 01:23:27 pm »
Robyn by yhe dates you have mentioned I am guessing that you are a Registrar/Business Manager or School Officer in a state Gvt school.

Is this correct?  I work in DoE based in the wheatbelt region.

Dennis

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 01:27:09 pm »
....just a run of the mill secondary teacher (maths, early childhood studies - yeah and unfortunately a yr 10 Home Economics) Dashingden  :)  :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 01:51:17 pm »
Denise there have been many more descriptors used latlely when the thought I commencing the school year is discussed and blimey has not surfaced  :D  :D  Lellyj you deserve the break until Feb 1 given you had to work up until Christmas - we finished Dec 9  :)  :)
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 04:49:26 am »
....just a run of the mill secondary teacher (maths, early childhood studies - yeah and unfortunately a yr 10 Home Economics) Dashingden  :)  :)

There is nothing run of the mill about any teachers.  My wife is a Primary school deputy principal and DD1 is a Primary teacher.  I couldn't read your signature at the bottom of your psot very well.  I read Rockhampton as Rocckingham.  WA teachers have another week loger off than you so I thought you must have been support staff.

I hope that you have a good first term.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 01:20:08 pm »
DDand DS went to rockingham public school for a few years. i think my grand nephews and nieces go there now. wow i do say old  :-))
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 02:56:53 am »
Going to make this soon, did everyone use breast or thigh fillets? Approx how many grams? Thanks

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 04:16:52 am »
........did everyone use breast or thigh fillets? Approx how many grams? Thanks

.....used a double breast fillet Yvette with the weight being 760g - found that I had to cook longer and turned the chicken in the steamimg basket at the end of initial cooking time - you will so enjoy this  :)  :)  :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 04:49:01 am »
I especially love the dressing.  I'm going to use it on a chicken & mango salad that's planned for this week.  :)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 05:20:06 am »
I used the left over chicken and dressing from when I made this the other day to make rice paper spring rolls for lunch. I shredded the cabbage and julienned some carrot and leb cucumber. I used the dressing as a dipping sauce.  This worked really well. It would probably work better for someone who can roll up spring rolls so they don't fall apart when you eat them.

I have never been any good at rolling things like this.  I always over fill soft shell tacos and burritos so they fall apart too. When I smoked as a young man I always had to buy tailor mades, I could neve smoke rollies.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:28:57 am by Dashingden »

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 05:25:09 am »
Thanks Robyn will let you know :)