Author Topic: "In the Mix: Great Thermomix Recipes"  (Read 41953 times)

Offline kylie

• View Profile
Re: "In the Mix: Great Thermomix Recipes"
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 01:30:13 pm »
I must confess, I love reading cookbooks, find them often more fun than reading professional anthropology journals (consider this said in a whisper).

Ditto this about cookbooks vs anthropology journals!!

Offline DaniValent

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 11:57:33 am »
Hi folks,

It's so interesting to hear all your comments about In the Mix.

I'm glad that some of you are finding lots of inspiration and sorry that others feel it's not the book for them. My intention was to create a book that looks lovely on the coffee table (or in the teetering pile of books by the bed) but that is also an inspiration and practical companion for cooking.

Some recipes are quick and easy

For example -

* the basic cake (p197) - I made this one yesterday, stirred Thermomixed rhubarb through the batter, knocked everyone's socks off 
* nishime (p131), a Japanese noodle dish with steamed vegetables
* lentil soup with saffron eggs (p64)
* muesli slice (p202)
* pesce puttanesca (p122) - it's steamed fish over a tomatoey sauce...mmm

I agree that some dishes are not 'everyday' - or even 'every week' ;) - meals ... still, there are some special occasion dishes and it was indeed my idea that you can pick and mix elements from recipes to create lots of different dishes.

For example -

* serve the lime & chervil mayo (p218) with the confit salmon (p109)
* pour tempered chocolate (p158) over freshly ground pink peppercorns and a dusting of salt, then break it into shards to serve as a dessert nibble
* serve the parsley oil (p125) as dipping oil for crusty bread
* serve the almond gazpacho (p89) as a starter

It's troubling to hear that some have tried to get the book and haven't been able to yet. There is a dedicated order email: inthemix@thermomix.com.au - maybe that's the best bet.

Happy Thermomixing!

Dani

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 12:01:58 pm »
Dear Dani,
May I put in a plea that next time you write a recipe book you make it a little ( or preferably a LOT) lighter.  I carry it to all my demonstrations and I swear it weighs more than all my other books put together.  Not good for my poor old back.
Congratulations on an exciting publication.
cecilia
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:47:33 pm by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline mairim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 12:33:07 pm »
I just went to the web site and could not find In The Mix among the books offered by Thermomix.au :-[  I would love to know what it would cost, including shipping to the US.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 12:45:34 am »
Mairim, the book costs $60 and it cost me almost that much again to send a copy to the UK so I daresay postage to the States would be similar.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline DaniValent

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 06:02:44 am »
Hi Mairim,

There's information about the book on the front page of the website, on the right.
http://www.thermomix.com.au/

You can order via inthemix@thermomix.com.au. The book itself is A$60. I'm not sure about shipping but when we sent contributor copies to the US it cost A$48 per book in postage, which was about A$12 cheaper than to Europe.

best
dani

Offline DaniValent

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 06:05:05 am »
Dear Dani,
May I put in a plea that next time you write a recipe book you make it a little ( or preferably a LOT) lighter.  I carry it to all my demonstrations and I swear it weighs more than all my other books put together.  Not good for my poor old back.
Congratulations on an exciting publication.
cecilia

Hi Cecilia,

Thanks for your congratulations. Sorry that the book is heavy to carry! I guess that's the trade-off for making a hardcover book with pretty pictures. Would it be useful to you to have a high-quality pamphlet with information about the book?

best
dani

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 07:41:41 am »
Hi Dani

First off congratulations on the book...sounds/looks lovely from what I have seen!  FYI that was the email address I did contact via the thermomix website and got absolutely no response.  Dont know who is dealing with the incoming emails but not all are getting answered.  You can thank forum members who are doing the job for them however as there are alot of books getting to forum memberss via other forum members..Just something you should be aware of as you could be missing out on quite a number of sales???? and in turn losing customers. Your book however looks lovely and even though the lack of response has been offputting when I redecide to get the book I will ask one of the many lovely forum members who have already offered to get me a copy to send me one.

Mairim JD is right it will cost roughly the same for postage....same for France 60 for the book and 60 for postage so that is what you will need to expect I think..sometimes the US is less though so maybe check out the australia post website...

just checked and its slightly cheaper for the US, the book is around 1.2kg??? if i remember correctly so adding packaging to that will knock it into the next category and for registered airmail it is 50AUD and for non registered around 44!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline DaniValent

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 09:14:58 am »
Hi Dani

First off congratulations on the book...sounds/looks lovely from what I have seen!  FYI that was the email address I did contact via the thermomix website and got absolutely no response.  Dont know who is dealing with the incoming emails but not all are getting answered.  You can thank forum members who are doing the job for them however as there are alot of books getting to forum memberss via other forum members..Just something you should be aware of as you could be missing out on quite a number of sales???? and in turn losing customers. Your book however looks lovely and even though the lack of response has been offputting when I redecide to get the book I will ask one of the many lovely forum members who have already offered to get me a copy to send me one.

Mairim JD is right it will cost roughly the same for postage....same for France 60 for the book and 60 for postage so that is what you will need to expect I think..sometimes the US is less though so maybe check out the australia post website...

just checked and its slightly cheaper for the US, the book is around 1.2kg??? if i remember correctly so adding packaging to that will knock it into the next category and for registered airmail it is 50AUD and for non registered around 44!

Dear Frozzie,

I'm really sorry about the email issue. I have reported it to Thermomix & hopefully noone else will have your experience. Yes, the book is about 1.2kg.

Maybe it would be worth you ordering from Thermomix UK, if you do decide to get a book. Surely that will be cheaper & they will have books in December.

All best,
dani

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 09:27:58 am »
Congratulations on the book Dani. I haven't seen it yet but do have a copy ordered. From what I've read on here it seems to be something many of us have been looking for. Thanks.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 09:47:25 am »
Would it be useful to you to have a high-quality pamphlet with information about the book?

best
dani

No, Dani, I don't believe so, but thank you for the idea.  People are just hanging out to see the real thing and the whole thing.  This month a lot of the demonstrations are for people who already have Thermomixes, as they are booking to get the bowl and blade offer, so they are all very interested in your book.

What I do regret, though, it that your publisher has gone for a matt finish instead of one that can be wiped clean.  If it were a standard A4 size, we could buy a plastic cover for it, but as it is, people are going to have to go and cover it in plastic themselves, if they are going to keep it in good condition in the kitchen.  I know you made it for the coffee table, but I'm sure you also want people to cook from it.  In your future print runs, maye you could talk to them about addressing that issue.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline SuzieG

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2011, 11:20:46 am »
I checked it out at cooking class this week but can't justify $60 for.  Feel the same about MWOC - got that as a freebie when I purchased glad I didn't pay for it.

My fav is the EDC to be perfectly honest oh and this website too!!!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2011, 11:22:43 am »
Hi Dani

Dear Frozzie,

I'm really sorry about the email issue. I have reported it to Thermomix & hopefully noone else will have your experience. Yes, the book is about 1.2kg.

Maybe it would be worth you ordering from Thermomix UK, if you do decide to get a book. Surely that will be cheaper & they will have books in December.

All best,
dani

thanks dani

if thats the case that they will be available in the uk for december then ill probably take that option..cheaper even if I have to wait a bit longer..120 dollars is alot to spend on any cookbook yet alone a thermomix one..again thanks for the option
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 04:56:26 pm »
Hi folks,

It's so interesting to hear all your comments about In the Mix.

I'm glad that some of you are finding lots of inspiration and sorry that others feel it's not the book for them. My intention was to create a book that looks lovely on the coffee table (or in the teetering pile of books by the bed) but that is also an inspiration and practical companion for cooking.

Some recipes are quick and easy

For example -

* the basic cake (p197) - I made this one yesterday, stirred Thermomixed rhubarb through the batter, knocked everyone's socks off 
* nishime (p131), a Japanese noodle dish with steamed vegetables
* lentil soup with saffron eggs (p64)
* muesli slice (p202)
* pesce puttanesca (p122) - it's steamed fish over a tomatoey sauce...mmm

I agree that some dishes are not 'everyday' - or even 'every week' ;) - meals ... still, there are some special occasion dishes and it was indeed my idea that you can pick and mix elements from recipes to create lots of different dishes.

For example -

* serve the lime & chervil mayo (p218) with the confit salmon (p109)
* pour tempered chocolate (p158) over freshly ground pink peppercorns and a dusting of salt, then break it into shards to serve as a dessert nibble
* serve the parsley oil (p125) as dipping oil for crusty bread
* serve the almond gazpacho (p89) as a starter

It's troubling to hear that some have tried to get the book and haven't been able to yet. There is a dedicated order email: inthemix@thermomix.com.au - maybe that's the best bet.

Happy Thermomixing!

Dani

Thanks for all the great ideas Dani!!!! That's what I love about your book - so many recipes that you can use parts of to make something else - never ending inspiration!! :D That chocolate idea sounds right up my alley! And I'll have to try that cake too - your pic on FB looked great!
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Woerd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 07:59:52 pm »
Does anyone know if it's available in Canada?  I can get it through ebay I saw but it is about $75.00 canadian dollars and there is no info on the shipping.  I have checked on the Canadian Distributor website and it is not listed there : (  I would LOVE a copy.