Author Topic: Which Thermomix books would you recommend?  (Read 43805 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Which Thermomix books would you recommend?
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2010, 03:48:11 pm »
I've had a quick flick through too Tenina (thanks for posting my copy to me by the way) and there seems to be plenty of good stuff in there.  It will be easier to gauge as reviews start coming through but this winter there will be plenty of recipes tried from that book, believe me.  It must be a relief to hear good things for a change  ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Linda

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 04:57:35 pm »
Tenina - I'm loving the Meat book!
My second fav is the Budget Busters too...

I actually like the format of our Australian books better than the International ones as ours are just so much easier to follow!
(although their pictures are nice)

All in all I am one very happy user!    ;D ;D ;D

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2010, 11:46:36 pm »
Tenina - I'm loving the Meat book!
My second fav is the Budget Busters too...
Linda, what are your favourites from Budget Busters - there aren't many review of it on here.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Linda

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2010, 03:10:42 pm »
Cathy - the Tuscan Bread and Tomato Soup  pg 13 except I don't do the bread, just the soup.. Quick and easy, cheap and cheerful.

But the best in the book in my opinion is the Coconut Chicken  pg 18 - YUM YUM YUM    ;D ;D 
Easy to make, tastes great, costs diddly squat and will stretch a long way if you do rice and vegies with it too - an all round winner in my books!

Please can someone give me the proper pronunciation for Gozleme???????  I had the most delicious one at the Freo Markets a few weeks ago and want to try that (Budget Busters pg 8)  Not that I can't make it without pronouncing it!!!!!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2010, 03:16:49 pm »
As far as I know, it's goz lem eh. That's how I heard it pronounced on a foodie TV programme!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2010, 12:24:13 am »
As far as I know, it's goz lem eh. That's how I heard it pronounced on a foodie TV programme!

I think that is the correct way to say it.  I had one yesterday....yummy.  So its in the budget busters book.....another one to add to my wishlist!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2010, 02:06:20 pm »
Don't need to buy the book http://tenina.com/2008/09/gozlemegerz-lem-ay/

Just send your money to me.  ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2010, 07:05:44 am »
I have the  Budget Busters and would also strongly recommend the Coconut Chicken recipe.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2013, 12:03:53 pm »
Love to have an update to this. As it see s to quite an old post. So meat on the menu, any others?

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2013, 12:21:32 pm »
You really don't need any books with all the recipes here but.....

I'm really loving Alyce Alexandra's Quick Fix Every Occasion (her earlier books are great too)
and Tenina's books and ebooks are great too.
The Baby and Toddler Book is also great.

I have the Indian book and it does have some excellent recipes (esp Butter Chicken and Tikka Paste), but must say I haven't had my money's worth out of it.

I've got the vegetarian book and a few others too, but again with all the recipes here I've not used any of them as much as I should have.

You might like to look at the recipe book review section of the forum where the contents are listed so that you can choose books to suit your taste and then click on the individual recipe reviews to see what others think (that's what I do before I buy a book).
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/