Author Topic: Which Thermomix books would you recommend?  (Read 43782 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Which Thermomix books would you recommend?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 03:55:54 am »
The drink. in My Way Of Cooking,  may have been just not to our taste.   We are having visitors tonight so will try them out ,  without saying what we thought.   Will report back.   

I dont mind different types of recipes,faffa7o.  We will give any thing a go,  and are quite flexible in our likes.  I thought on the whole the recipes were a bit boring. 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2010, 02:34:23 pm »
Had the visitors try the Whisky cream  liqueur,  without telling them what we thought.   Too sweet and the Whisky too over powering..   They preferred the Irish Cream,  which is on the Forum.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 11:03:13 pm »
Thanks Chookie - need to make note to self in book.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Depome

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 02:34:34 am »
I received My Way of Cooking yesterday which LOOKS great, but I'm not inspired by any of it TBH. We eat a bit of everything, but I find this book TOO international I think, which seems like a really odd statement, but bears no racism or xenophobia, truly!

All of that stuff at the front of the book is definitely for newbies, and is a considerable expense (in printing) for those of us who don't want it, don't need it, and didn't expect it! I do like the layout generally - FINALLY they indicate how many serves are made in the recipe! I hate that the EDC recipes can yield 10 portions with no warning LOL!

But yeah, fairly uninspiring, even if it looks nice, and has two fancy ribbon markers attached to the spine  :P

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 06:20:48 am »
Depome I agree with you entirely.  Maybe one or two things in there that I 'might' make, but nothing that Im rushing out to make.  Im glad I didnt have a demo just to get one, and Im glad Im not a consultant having to do demos for those who might have wanted one and have to do the spiel about how brilliant the book is
Again JMO!

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 07:34:02 am »
Hi guys...the My Way of Cooking book has fast become one of my faves as everything I have tried out it has been fantastic! NO FAILs yet!
Crisp Shrimp Fritters p62  :)
Guacamole p50  :)
Vegetarian Sausage Rolls p66 (which are ours anyway) :)
Burritos p109 with oil not lard...FANTASTIC! :)
Chicken with Sauce Fernando p112 :) (for burritos as filling)
Portuguese Cream Tartlets p272 :)
Fitness Drink p291 :)

I'm afraid that is all Ive cooked out of it, I mainly concentrate on new stuff as you can imagine, but overall, really happy with results so far.

Hope this helps...remember, Vorwerk sell over 100,000 TM's in Europe alone, and this is a world wide distribution for this book, so obviously some recipes won't suit the Aussie palate/eating style...but give it a go.

;D ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 11:08:07 am »
Tenina,  delighted to see the things you have tried out of My Way Of Cooking.    Being the good cook that you are it is most encouraging  to see the variety that you tested.   However just a couple of comments,  firstly,  I have been making Guacamole  from day one,  in fact had it last night. It hardly needs a page in a fairly expensive new publication.     Secondly,  the Portuguese Tarts,  have been published on the Thermomix site, no doubt to inform about the publication.   I would have preferred to see something that you had developed .   I am sure it would have been more interesting and original.  Lastly,  the Chicken with sauce Fernando,  reminds me of some of the methods in the Indian book where there are unnecessary steps.   Why is the chicken removed and then placed back in the TMX bowl?  I hope you don't think that  I am being too harsh,  it is just that such a wonderful machine needs to be supported by publications that extend the potential for those of us who have mastered the basics.

Offline Tenina

• View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 04:28:02 am »
Hey there...not harsh, but remember TM Australia have no control over the International publications at all. We contribute, though even those were a selection we sent from which the Vorwerk Team chose only 3. So now it is up to  me to meet all your high expectations. It is a slow process, but I think we are winning the small battles one at a time. I appreciate all the good comments we get on the forum and love that you think I can do better!  :o
Look forward to a good review from you all about Meat on the Menu...be kind!  :P

;) ;) ;)

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2010, 05:17:56 am »
I don't have My Way of Cooking....yet!  But at the cooking class I went to last week, we got to taste the Almond Cake from Santiago.  It is beautiful!  I'm planning on making it for a treat for the workmates next week.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 10:33:36 am »

Look forward to a good review from you all about Meat on the Menu...be kind!  :P

I can't wait to buy it Tenina and try the recipes.  Hopefully there are some winter warmer meals included as the cooler weather is definitely on it's way.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 05:03:19 am »
I'm also looking forward to the new meat book as I feel I don't use my TMX for enough meat cooking. Not long before it becomes available.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Tenina

• View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 08:47:53 am »
Meat on the Menu is available to order from your consultant from April 1st! That is tomorrow folks and not an April fools day joke as some might assume!  :P

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 09:02:11 am »
Thanks Tenina - but there are no liver or tripe recipes  ;) ;D :o :o :o

Had a quick look and it is good.  lots of new ideas - did most come from your test kitchen ??  Good work. :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2010, 10:33:36 am »
I should note that the consultants will be able to order these from tomorrow for customers... - we won't have them on hand as of tomorrow  ;)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2010, 07:54:16 am »
Hey Thermomixer did you have a preview?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/