Author Topic: My favourite Paleo bread  (Read 13892 times)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
My favourite Paleo bread
« on: October 21, 2015, 08:33:59 am »
There are many recipes for Paleo bread. I need a plain white that can be made into mini loaves and frozen and I wanted it to slice well and to be able to spread with butter without it falling apart and finally to taste like bread. (  Here is my favourite that takes just 3/4 hour to make. ) You could double this quantity if you need to freeze a larger amount.

Paleo Sandwich Bread in mini tins

4 Eggs
1/2 cup Applesauce
1/2 Tbs Coconut Oil
1 cups Almond Flour
1 cups Tapioca Flour
1 desertspoons Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt

1. Preheat oven to  (190 c).

2. Grease loaf pans or line with parchment paper  When making "minis" like mine, I spray my tins with a cake release spray.

3. Add eggs and apple sauce and coconut oil into the TMX bowl and mix 20secs/speed 3 (don't overmix)

4. Add all the dry ingredients to the egg mixture mix 30secs/speed 4 to a smooth consistency. Stop and scrape down as required.

5. Divide the mixture between the  pans to make loaves. .Bake for approximately 30-50 minutes for loaves or 15 minutes for muffins, or until a toothpick test comes out clean. My general rule of thumb is that when you begin to smell it (provided you have a decent sense of smell), its nearly done and should be checked.

6. Bread will keep for about 5-7 days in a ziplock bag, or you can slice and freeze, toasting individual slices as desired. This is a great recipe to make in a large batch so you can freeze extra loaves and always have something on-hand.

Reviews
5 stars - This recipe made my 6 mini loaf tins. I found it moist and easy to cut. It tasted really just like plain bread and I was able to spread butter on it without difficulty. - 21/10/2015
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: My favourite Paleo bread
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 08:40:57 am »
Your bread looks lovely Dot.I'm sure there will be interest in your recipe from people on the Paleo eating regime.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 09:46:59 am »
Looks great Dot, I will have a try when I get home.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 10:57:49 am »
Thanks for sharing Dot. I know Troupie's son follows a Paleo eating plan and I'm sure shed like to give it
A try.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 04:41:29 am »
She sure would Cookie1 and after hearing Dots good health results I might even consider giving it a try for myself (the diet that is). I will follow your results Dot.

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 09:51:48 am »
Hi Troupie,
 I am feeling so much better and continue to improve as well as lose weight. I have been following the 9 episodes of The Truth About Cancer: A Global Quest”   This is a program airing in America in fact the last episode is tonight. It gives a detailed account of the money grasping Pharmacutical industries. They make billions out of cancer and in particular Chemotherapy medicine. They make sure that the truth doesn't get out about dieting to make your auto-imune system healthy to prevent cancer cells forming and other problems like arthritis because they are unable to get control of any cures that come from natural sources like plants etc.
Well enough of the soap box from me but I would urge everyone to watch this series if it comes your way because I believe that the Paleo principle is the healthy way to go and a Thermomix makes it easy to follow.  From grinding Almond and coconut flours and producing Ghee and well a host of other help I get from this machine.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 12:36:59 pm »
Good old thermomix.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 06:47:41 am »
I have just borrowed a book from the library called 'Mixing It The Paleo Way' by Emily Coupar.
It is for the Thermomix, and has some lovely looking recipes. I will definitely try some before returning it.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 02:35:24 am »
I haven't heard of that show Dot but will look into it as well as the book you mentioned Katj.

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 07:57:09 am »
Today I made this bread again but this time as a bun loaf (or fruit loaf) I added 2 tbs of maple syrup to the apple sauce. I mixed into the dry ingredients 1 TBS mixed spice, 1 TBS cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. after everything was mixed I added 3/4 cup of raisins and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts and stired them in. This made a 1 lb loaf. It was absolutely delicious.  :-))

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 12:50:53 pm »
It certainly sounds delicious DD. A fruit loaf is one of my favourites.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 08:40:14 am »
Thanks Katj, I have now ordered that book from the library to see if I would like to have it.