Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6087930 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11580 on: November 23, 2013, 02:45:30 am »
Geoff used to ask me a lot of questions Courton, like when are we getting out of here, what time are we leaving, where are we going from here etc but I always told him he was staying there now but I had to go home and get the washing off the line or take Mum to an appointment, I always give him a reason why I'm leaving. He rarely asks those questions now although it depends on his frame of mind as sometimes he is quite sharp and at other times he is a little confused.  You have to be strong and never, ever feel guilty.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #11581 on: November 23, 2013, 03:37:07 am »
That's really good advice JD since I get asked almost identical questions. And yes, feel very guilty leaving her there.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: November 23, 2013, 04:00:56 am »
It's easy to feel guilty but personally I don't live with any as I feel I have always done the best I could for my MIL before she died and now what I do and have done for Mum and Geoff. To me guilt is what those who realise too late that they should have done more for their loved ones Courton and you definitely don't fit into that category.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #11583 on: November 23, 2013, 04:49:49 am »
 :-* :-* :-* JD

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: November 23, 2013, 05:50:41 am »
Wise words Judy.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: November 23, 2013, 06:08:32 am »
Just had my nails and toes done. feels and looks great. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline arcadia

• View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: November 23, 2013, 06:52:29 am »
We have just had the most beautiful rain, 2 inches in a heavy downpour.  That should get some water running into the dams.  Could have done without rain in the family room, although the kids had fun emptying cake tins into a bucket then outside.  Will take a few days for the carpet to dry.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: November 23, 2013, 08:22:56 am »
arcadia, did you leave the window open or did the roof leak :o :o  Not much fun for you but I bet the kids loved it.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: November 23, 2013, 08:31:18 am »
Rain is lovely outside arcadia but not so much fun when it comes into your home, that's a different matter.  I can just see kids enjoying that sort of thing though  ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 10:21:09 am by judydawn »

Offline arcadia

• View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: November 23, 2013, 08:55:39 am »
With heavy rain our front patio leaks like a sieve then it ends up pouring through the large window we have that joins the family room to patio, hence having the cake tins lined up on the window sill and then tipping them into a bucket.  There is a lot a can't catch but would have tipped out 80 or so litres.  It also pours through a crack in the wall beside the window, can't do anything about that one as their is tall cupboard in front of it, just put up with wet carpet.  Had plenty of towels down but the carpet is still wet. 

Not to dwell on that the rain was amazing and living on the land we appreciate every bit we get.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: November 23, 2013, 09:01:15 am »
Had a good giggle at your rain coming into your house Arcadia :D :D DH thought it very funny too when I read your posting out to him ;)

Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: November 23, 2013, 09:37:30 am »
Woke up to the sound of heavy rain this morning, not what you want to hear on the day of the school fair! Luckily there were only a few showers during the day with sunshine in between, so all went well. Hopefully they made lots of money, there were certainly a lot of people around and I was kept very busy in the bar. We ran out of bottled beer and kept running out of champagne glasses - a good time was had by all! Then my in laws came over for a BBQ - they brought the food because they knew I'd be busy. My SIL from Adelaide is visiting her mother and it's her birthday today which is why they insisted on catching up today. All in all a good day, bit tired now...
Melbourne, inner north

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: November 23, 2013, 09:44:34 am »
Courton Judy is so right about the guilt. I used to feel guilty about Mum, but when I think about it and be truthful I did the very best under the circumstances at the time. I am positive she understood too. You must do what is right for you at this time. A very trying time for you, but step one is over.

I had a slack day today. Some ironing this morning and instead of finishing it this afternoon I had a Nanna nap.
This weekend there is a big food festival in Margaret River. Heston is here and many others. I loved this photo of Adriano Zumbo . He said he couldn't find the jug for the thermomix so got the next best thing.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: November 23, 2013, 10:25:06 am »
I wonder if he is a member of the forum Cookie  ;D  Margaret River would be buzzing this weekend with all those foodies in town. I wonder if any of the WA girls who have holiday homes down there are there this weekend.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: November 23, 2013, 10:42:47 am »
I don't know Judy. DD was saying that we should go next year. It would be exciting.
Sadly there was a person taken by a shark at beautiful Gracetown this morning.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/