Author Topic: EDC Cauliflower soup review  (Read 9388 times)

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
EDC Cauliflower soup review
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:57:03 am »
I couldn't find a review of this, although I am sure there must be lots of people who have made it!

Cauliflower Soup
EDC
The only changes I made were to use 1/3 broccoli as I didn't have enough cauliflower, and I used 1/2 milk and 1/2 water to increase the calcium content.
I score it 5/5, delicious, thick and would be perfect instead of a bechamel!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: EDC Cauliflower soup review
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:44:56 am »
I found this one from Ceejay dated 4th August 2009.

Made the Cauliflower soup in the EDC again today and added 2 onions quartered with the cauli.. gave a nicer depth of flavour.  Might even try a clove of garlic or two...

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 11:32:42 am »
I've made it numerous times as is and I can't believe how white it is. I think it is delicious as is but certainly I think broccoli as an addition would be fine but obviously this would change the final result in terms of the colour. Definitely a winner to make especially if you have some cauliflower lurking around in the fridge and you don't know what to do with it.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline jenkombi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 05:53:57 am »
Love this soup...so simple and delicious.  I add onion and garlic, sometimes add diced chicken at the end to make it more substantial as a meal on it's own.
I've used it instead of bechamel sauce in lasagne and it was good.

Offline JuicyFruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 08:05:50 am »
Made this following the suggestions here - adding onions, and subbing in some broccoli to make up the cauliflower weight as listed in book .. The results were fabulous, and I'll definitely be making again  :D
~ Clare

Offline frazzled_mom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:23:22 am »
Anybody try the mushroom soup from EDC? Any good?? I will try thebrocolli soup one of the night next week. So cold. Hot steaming bowl of soup with dinner is definitely welcome these rainy winter nights.... 😊
Busy Perth mom of two: DS4 and DS1! 😁

Offline AussieMum2Boys

• View Profile
Re: Re: EDC Cauliflower soup review
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 05:28:30 am »
Made this last night. I did tweak the recipe though. Sauteed onions and garlic before adding the cauliflower and water. I also added a Tbsp of TMX vege stock. It was super smooth. L1 asked for seconds!! Success!
Wife and working mama to 2 gorgeous little boys (3yo L1  and 1yo L2) from Sydney, Australia.

Newbie Thermomix enthusiast and a Seasoned food lover.. a match made in heaven! <3

Follow me on twitter and instagram! @AussieMum2Boys

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 10:47:00 am »
I made this yesterday and tweaked it too. I sautéed an onion and garlic first and used 1 tabs veg stock concentrate and subbed in some broccoli and potato as didn't have enough cauliflower. Was smooth and thick enough that I didn't need to use the flour. Very tasty.

Offline hopefulcook

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 12:07:58 pm »
I make it by the book. Always perfect and delicious. DS8 favourite soup.
Try and use as much stalk as you can, helps to get the weight. We also like broccoli soup, but I prefer them individually rather than combined together.
Looking for more soup recipes, now into my 4th winter with TMX and although my kids like the same old things, I like to try new things. I loved Farfallina's soups - does she still post? The other night I made a great potato and bacon soup from recipe community.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 12:13:24 pm »
Yes, farfallina does still post.  You can check out her postings here hopefulcook.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 01:05:24 pm »
Made this for lunch today using an onion and a clove of garlic. It's a great simple soup. Love it.