Author Topic: Review Fast Sandwich Rolls page 160 The Best of our Recipe Communities  (Read 6853 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This is a recipe from Italy and took just 30 minutes from start to finish.  No yeast involved, just baking powder.  Easy, a very moist mixture that needs floured hands to work with and they end up tasting more like a scone than a bread roll.  I had mine with butter and jam but would be nice with jam and cream.  For unexpected visitors which the recipe is aimed at, yes they are quick but no, I wouldn't serve them with a main meal or with meat & salad in them as their picture suggested.  To me they are to have with a cup of tea or coffee and I guess scones could be made in just as quick a time.  They were nice but not for the purpose stated.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
and she's off and running  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
There will be no stopping her now.😜

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The big question is Will I be persuaded to buy the book? :D :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Cookie 1. I doubt very much you will have to worry about that as no doubt it will be a carrot for demos. The have only just released the Travelling With Thermomix to buy  and how old is that one?  Could be wrong but I expect it will be on some newsletter soon saying you can have it as a hostess gift  for free if someone buys a TMX or you can buy it for half price if you do not get a sale. Isn't that the usual scenario.

Maybe one of the consultants could tell us. It would be lovely and a refreshing change if Vorwerk Actually made the book available for all their  customers. 

Judy has set up a review thread so the few of us that have the book can write a review. I'll pop onto that soon and post a pic of something I have made from it.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Gert the book is an incentive for consultants this month. I haven't seen the book myself and lots of consultants would be in the same boat.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Made these yesterday I agree they are very scone like. I didn't enjoy them as I was expecting savory

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
I bought my TMX in May (wow that went quick) and TWT and this book were the 'gifts'. I prefer this o e to TWT but haven't cooked from either. (Why would I need too with so many to choose from here)

Offline Juliette .. thermoknicks

• View Profile
Re: Review Fast Sandwich Rolls page 160 The Best of our Recipe Communities
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 07:39:22 am »
Thanks for the heads up on that one ... i was just about to make them ... I had my doubts looking at the recipe..   
Cook with love.. share the heart

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 08:12:41 am »
If this is one of the best,  what are the others like?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 08:59:45 am »
I haven't bought this book. I have no interest in it. I agree though Chookie. :D :-\ :-\
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/