Author Topic: Recipe chips for TM5  (Read 34525 times)

Offline Siren

• View Profile
    • Bibliobubble blog
Recipe chips for TM5
« on: September 11, 2014, 07:45:09 pm »
Browsing a number of Vorwerk's international stores, it appears that there are already five Recipe Chips available for the TM5 in German-language form!  I didn't want a TM5 at all, but now I'm wavering.  (Well, I will be, if a similar number of Recipe Chips appears in English or French.  My German is a bit too rudimentary to be useful in the heat of a kitchen!)

http://shop.vorwerk.de/thermomix/rezept-chips.html

Offline thenorthern

• View Profile
Re: Recipe chips for TM5
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 02:39:51 pm »
I can't wait for them to launch more! I can already see myself collecting them. Although I am a vegetarian so they're not all likely to appeal to me. But I'm dreaming of a baking themed one for bread and cakes etc! And individual cuisines, too. I'm not particularly attracted to books, so I think these chips are great. Not for everyone, but for me at least.
Soon to be owner from Melbourne, Australia.

Offline zebby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 02:03:52 pm »
If I could make my own I would think it was great but not being able too is a real negative.

Also - I tend to forget which book the recipe I am looking for is - eg chocolate alternative - I always get it wrong bt vegetarian and gluten free - and I find it frustrating enough to have to flick a book - let alone put diff chips in the machine.

Plus - I have young kids and I would hate to think how long my recipe chips would last without being lost - the little one is a bower bird with objects I use regularly as he loves to copy me.

If it was one chip that I could use (and back up if I lost it) it would be useful, but pre-programmed ones that I can't flick through while sitting on a couch - urgggh

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 03:00:28 pm »
Once you've used a recipe, you can save it to favourites, so it will always be there

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 03:13:52 pm »
That sounds great MJ. I can't wait to experiment to really understand.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 07:11:50 pm »
There are quite a number of chips available here in Germany.  Buying the books funnily enough is the expensive part but the chips are about another 15 euros or so.  Ed had a look and has already planned to take us to the Vorwerk shop to buy them all when his sister arrives.  As she is taking our TM31, we want to replace the seal, spatula and measuring cup as they are a bit old and Yukky so we can buy them all there.  If you like, I could take some photos of the shop and post them, I know you would all be in heaven at the Vorwerk shop!!!!!

Xxx

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 08:29:02 pm »
Sorry everyone, I think I posted my comment about recipe chips under the TM5 thread. :)

Xxx

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 08:52:38 pm »
It's OK Lee I have put your posting here for you.

I would love to see photos of the Vorwerk Shop ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:56:41 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 09:31:03 pm »
Thanks so much, sorry my love. Xxx

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 10:44:20 pm »
Lee I would love to see the photos if you are able to get a few. It will be very interesting to see how long it takes for the chips to be translated and available in other countries.

Offline zebby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 01:49:36 am »
Megan Jane - can you save recipes to favourites on one chip or would you just have a favourite section on the machine itself? Is there any facility to save stuff like the magic bean cake though? And recipes that you love off the net or can you only save ones from a TMX recipe chip (b/c I don't love a lot to TMX recipes - too bland)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 01:56:16 am »
I'd love a photo too please Lee. Just imagine if we had one here, I could peruse all day.

Zebby I am just happy to have my thermomix. I actually save all my favourite recipes on my ipad in an app called Snap Recipes. I have so many that I am almost thinking of an ipad purely for recipes in that app.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline zebby

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 02:02:58 am »
That is a good idea.

I did try with the iphone but I don't like having to touch the screen all the time to get the recipe back up - now I am back to pen and paper!

I can see how a USB could be really useful - but only if it was customisable so you could have your own notes and choose your own recipes. I imagine they'll bring that out at some stage.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 02:49:39 am »

I did try with the iphone but I don't like having to touch the screen all the time to get the recipe back up - now I am back to pen and paper!

Zebby, you can keep your iPhone screen open for as long as you require it by going into Settings, then scroll down to General, scroll down to Auto-Lock where you can change to Never.  It means your phone won't close down until you change that setting back again.  Great if you are cooking off the screen.

I use this when I'm doing my grocery shopping as I have an app for that on there.  I set it to Never then return it to 1 min when I've finished shopping.  ;D

Offline zebby

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 02:14:53 pm »
Thankyou - that is awesome news - I might be dragged into the modern era yet!