Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036747 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #25560 on: October 13, 2021, 10:25:44 pm »
Chookie wee did you get your new chooks from ! Funnily ours have slowed down laying only one egg a day at the moment. Great to go for a drive , we all need to slowly come out of lockdown but the idea of it keeps me at home .
Judy ,kids with their L plates have to 120 hours generally get at 16 then at 18 if they have the hours they can get their licence and be on Ps  , but some kids are ready to start straight away others are hesitant and take it slow . Covid last year prevented a lot of driving . Now DH is helping with the instructing it will be better .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25561 on: October 13, 2021, 11:17:53 pm »
Glad I’m not the only one obsessed with printing out recipes. Your sentiments Marina were exactly what I was thinking as I was looking at each recipe but I was really brutal with my culling as I know I’ll never cook the majority of those recipes. Many of mine were printed on the back of other printing, some dating back to 2005 and beyond but I have a new pile with blank backs to now use for other things, probably that will also be for recipes! It’s certainly an addiction but a perfectly harmless one.

K Atie that’s a long time to be on L’s and then go onto P’s for a further period of time. How easy it was in my day, you did a driving test with a policeman as soon as you felt capable and went straight into driving without any plates at all. Different times back then and it’s good to hear that the rules are so much stricter now although the road toll is still way too high.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25562 on: October 14, 2021, 08:57:27 am »
I'm another who collects recipes. I still have quite a lot of Mum's too. I have files of them, files where I typed out the recipe, scrapbooks where I cut it out and now I use Snap recipes. If I try to cull I end up finding lots I still want to try. I do manage to cull a few.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25563 on: October 14, 2021, 10:31:00 am »
It’s a big job when you have so many recipes cookie.  I spent 8.5 hours on mine yesterday and I have yet to sort the ones I saved into some sort of order.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25564 on: October 14, 2021, 01:03:46 pm »
Judy that’s called a huge sorting out . I did I once but still haven’t got them in order .
Quiet day felt as if my head was being clamped , heavy and could not read , no migraine either. DH was good he just said rest . Went outside for awhile the kitten Tommy ( she is a girl 🙄) follows me around , zooms around my feet and  up trees .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25565 on: October 14, 2021, 11:36:34 pm »
KAtie, point of lay Chooks are hard to get. We got the last 6 from a man who has a stall at Clunes farmers market. All other enquiries only had Chooks 5 weeks old.  They wouldn’t lay until after Xmas. I suggest you look at Google for your area. When our Chooks stopped laying once before, we found they had mites. We dusted them with lime. ( also their roosts)  They started laying again.  There is a man at Waterloo who has very good Chooks, but again only about 6 weeks.

Hope you are feeling better. I think this COVID is very stressful. Especially for Victorians.

Judy, I think the long Drivers License process is good. Especially for those less confident. They also have to have many different experiences, like in wet conditions, freeways etc.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25566 on: October 15, 2021, 06:28:32 am »
All I've done today is feed my starter, dishes and bed etc. I also popped out to the library for a book I had requested. DH has popped down to see his Mum so I must do the floors while he is out.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25567 on: October 15, 2021, 07:26:45 am »
I haven’t done much today, manicured my nails and went to lunch with Katie today.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25568 on: October 16, 2021, 12:09:23 am »
Good day to stay inside. Cold, wet and overcast.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25569 on: October 16, 2021, 08:31:33 am »
I had to go and get a heap of scripts filled this morning. The pharmacy only had one person in there, she gave a couple of Covid injections, then made up the scripts for a lady and then me. I remarked that she was alone! Her reply was that they were busy. I couldn’t quite grasp the link between the two. Then she forgot one lot of tablets. Lucky I noticed as I wouldn’t have been happy if I had already gone home.
I then met DD and we had a lovely coffee together.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25570 on: October 16, 2021, 10:00:50 am »
Well she was right about one thing cookie, ie she was very busy LOL

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25571 on: October 16, 2021, 11:28:32 am »
The chooks will be inspected tomorrow by DS and we do have that powder too . The man chook man was from NSW Duncan’s chooks and I believe because of Covid he has not been able to come . Point of lay is so important so we will hope they start again soon ,meanwhile I’ll try go earlier each day and visit them twice .
Freezing weather here DH been in the office . DH DS Spent some time sorting the naught escape lambs that missed lamb marking this arvo .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #25572 on: October 18, 2021, 12:54:44 am »
I'm keeping busy unpacking boxes and washing all the crystal, china & glass ware.  This afternoon I will repack the book case.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #25573 on: October 18, 2021, 03:43:46 am »
Yesterday DH DS mowed and whippet sniped around the trees edges . I cleaned out the wood boiler room . Then cleared away old bin ,twigs and tree matter !! Of course I lifted up a old metal rubbish bin we use to clear out the ashes of the Conara Fire .... yes a baby tiger snake in long grass against the fence ! Really think I was screaming blue murder at DH even though he was not there . We did a lot , started dead heading the agapanthus, but this can be back braking , normally they just pull out easily. DH pull the ewes and lambs out the back they knocked down the fence ended all in the back garden, kitten is not a good sheep dog ! DS drove back to boarding with DH . Quiet house now .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25574 on: October 18, 2021, 07:00:01 am »
The peace and quiet must be lovely after a hectic day K Atie.